Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dream On

This is Really Sad vb style is easy to be stolen

Hello

Well just to tell every one here That The Warez Site can steal every Style they want .. and share it for other..

One User come to our site and send me Private msg asking me can i give him the style that i made .. i tell him this is custom i make it only for our site.. he tell me that i'am talkign to u Nicely if u are not going to send me i will Take it wihtout your Permissen .. well i tell him go head .

the other day he send me Private msg with the link download..

this is really piss me off .. How the hell he steal my design ..
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Sadly designs are just html and colors, while they are your propertie (within the limits of how it was obtained). They are easy to replicate and steal.

Comment

• MGM
      • Aug 2002
      • 3.6.x

Unless you use certain Photoshop techniques to make your logo/url nearly impossible to remove Most people would quit once they realize how much work is needed to make a "General" copy without the original creators information

MGM out

Comment

• Vtec44
        • Jan 2005
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
        Unless you use certain Photoshop techniques to make your logo/url nearly impossible to remove Most people would quit once they realize how much work is needed to make a "General" copy without the original creators information

MGM out
        Then they'll replace it instead of removing it.
        So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

• jimmyboy
          • Apr 2004

take it easy, man, there is no way u can stop them from stealing skins from u..

Comment

• MGM
            • Aug 2002
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by jimmyboy
            take it easy, man, there is no way u can stop them from stealing skins from u..

Exactly, there's no way, so just forget about it. You can try to make it harder, but if someone is willing enough they can steal just about every style they see

MGM out

Comment

• Dean C
              • Mar 2002
              • 3.5.x

HTML encryption makes it a bit difficult. But say goodbye to search engines
              Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• AshAbed
                • Nov 2003

Maybe for those who aren't very good with coding. It seems people could just take a print screen of the site and code it on their own....

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

I thought i said somthing else with my post.

Anyway, just because they can take it, and may take it, and maybe even do take it, do whatever is in your own power to protect your IP, if you find the site distrubiting, contact the host, datacenter, ect. Its not easy but in the end it is most likely worth your time.
                  Last edited by Zachery; Thu 3 Feb '05, 12:38pm. Reason: woot 16,000

Comment

• WoundedVeins
                    • Feb 2005

Use invisible watermarks on your images for your header etc so it will show your copyright information when you click CTRL + A, some tutorials around the web on how to do that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...