X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rlamego
    • Nov 2004

One skin, several CSSs. How?

Hi!
    In many CSS based sites I've made before, I've implemented a style selector to allow users to load a different CSS file and thus change the site's "theme".

In vB, and I must say I'm pretty new to it, it seems stupid to duplicate a skin just to have a different CSS applied to it.

Is there a way to have one skin set and several user selectable CSS files? How?

Thanks! =)
    Ricardo
  • frage
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by rlamego
    Hi!
    In many CSS based sites I've made before, I've implemented a style selector to allow users to load a different CSS file and thus change the site's "theme".

In vB, and I must say I'm pretty new to it, it seems stupid to duplicate a skin just to have a different CSS applied to it.

Is there a way to have one skin set and several user selectable CSS files? How?

Thanks! =)
    Ricardo
    in vbulletin there is a style selector
    and a template (=html) selector
    use it

admincp
    styles and templates
    styles up or download
    and follow the instructions

so you could edit templates or /andcss for so many skins you would like to have

frage

Comment

• rlamego
      • Nov 2004

Frage, thanks but you missed the point.

Here's a better example:
      - You have just installed vB and it only has the Default Style;
      - You want to have a second style on your site, exactly the same as the Default Style but with bigger font sizes;
      - Since this implicates no template changes, you could just make a new CSS file to use with the Default Style's templates;
      - You want to use the Quick Style Chooser (like the one on this page's bottom left corner) so your members can choose this style.

How can I do this?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Add a new style as a child and define larger font sizes.

Comment

• Getox

Originally posted by Zachery
          Add a new style as a child and define larger font sizes.
          Could also change colors

Comment

• rlamego
            • Nov 2004

Thanks Zachery! Child styles did the trick just fine =)

Getox: sure! But for "understandability" (wow, did I just invented a new word?) sake I limited my example to a simpler situation.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...