Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimF
    • May 2000

Error opening vb3 GDK

For some reason I am unable to open some of the PSD files in the vB3 GDK. Some I am able to open, such as Arrow Buttons.psd. Others, such as Large Text Buttons.psd I'm not.

I've attached the error message I'm receiving. I know this is not a resource issue on my machine. I've tried two different machines so far, both with adequate resources to open the files in question (or a file much larger), and neither has worked.

I'm using Photoshop 6.0, and I'm suspecting that the PSDs were created in a newer version of PS, so that's why I can't open them.

Can someone verify this, or offer some other suggestions? I searched through this forum but didn't see any other threads where this was mentioned.

Thanks!

-Jim
    Attached Files
  • Loon
    • Jun 2004
    • 666 ^_^

Looks quite simple, your PC has maxed out it's memory.

What specs are your PC? any other large applications running? photoshop can be a bit of a resource hog.

Comment

• JimF
      • May 2000

Originally posted by Loon
      Looks quite simple, your PC has maxed out it's memory.

What specs are your PC? any other large applications running? photoshop can be a bit of a resource hog.
      No, as I mentioned in my post, that is not the problem. I can use Photoshop fine on both of these machines with files much bigger than the ones I'm attempting to open.

Memory, processor, etc. are all more than sufficient.

-jim

Comment

• Loon
        • Jun 2004
        • 666 ^_^

Not sure then sorry, they opened fine for me.

Comment

• JimF
          • May 2000

As an update for this, I had a friend try to open the file, and he was able to do so using PS 7. He then saved it -- without modifying anything -- as QuickReply2.psd, and emailed it to me. I was then able to open it with no trouble whatsoever.

I'm confident at this point that there is some incompatibility issues with the vb3 GDK and Photoshop 6.

-jim

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

I think that the images were saved with out optmize compatabilty in PSCS.

Comment

• Beth
              • Jan 2003

I've PS 6 and they wont open for me either. You're not alone Jim. I never used the GDK in vB2 and decided i'd try it for vB3. I tried. I failed
              TopDog

Comment

• JimF
                • May 2000

Originally posted by Beth
                I've PS 6 and they wont open for me either. You're not alone Jim. I never used the GDK in vB2 and decided i'd try it for vB3. I tried. I failed
                What did you fail with, modifying the images, or getting them to work with your board?

-jim

Comment

• Beth
                  • Jan 2003

Opening them! I didnt get as far as modifying them.
                  TopDog

Comment

• JimF
                    • May 2000

Just wondering if anyone has heard of any potential updates that address this issue short of me plopping down $$ to upgrade PS?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...