Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Overgrow
    • May 2000

Overgrow forums- redesigned

I've had a few compliments saying we were one of the slickest VB installations around. Well we've gone and trashed that old site. See the redesign:

Marijuana growing @ Overgrow - FREE marijuana pictures, photos, articles, tips, and advice on Cannabis Cultivation. Overgrow.com fights for legalization by teaching you to grow your own weed!

and the main page which does some forum pulls and is now a full PHP content management system

Marijuana growing @ Overgrow - FREE marijuana pictures, photos, articles, tips, and advice on Cannabis Cultivation. Overgrow.com fights for legalization by teaching you to grow your own weed!

One custom piece you can't see unless you register is the myOvergrow.. it shows your last few PM's and the last threads you posted in organized by last post. Also I integrated a phpChat into the myOvergrow system-- uses existing login/cookies and also the ignore list.

yeeeeehaw! 150 hours+/- of work, finished. Our traffic has gone so crazy that our ISP is kicking us off and making us get our own box. My delusion that I had the best looking VB around lasted for about ... a day... till I just saw that thread with Ultrashock.

-OG
    vB Retro -> See vBulletin 1.1.2 and travel back to the Year 2000!
    Overgrow the Government: The Edge Forums
    presented by Overgrow Marijuana Magazine

*warning: adult content since vB1.1... now faster than ever!
  • Sean
    • May 2000

Nah.

UltraShock, no, they got rid of the copyright at the bottom, and it probably doesn't work too well on other browsers. Yours is simple, yet, it looks really awesome. Although UltraShock is pretty awesome, I like your layout, it's simple.

My opinion: Awesome new layout.

Comment

• veedee
      • Sep 2000
      • 1.1.x

I think your titles is sweet

Teaching people to grow cannabis all over the world

I can imagine all the grey suits losing the plot when they see that

(oh and the layouts *not bad*)

joking man its sweet !
      Talking loud but aint saying nothing.

Comment

• jojo85
        • Jan 2001

VERY nice graphics and...... site
        llololol

Comment

• Parker Trasborg
          • Dec 2000

Love it!

Comment

• upperking
            • Jan 2001

your site loads so slow

Originally posted by Overgrow
            I've had a few compliments saying we were one of the slickest VB installations around. Well we've gone and trashed that old site. See the redesign:

and the main page which does some forum pulls and is now a full PHP content management system

One custom piece you can't see unless you register is the myOvergrow.. it shows your last few PM's and the last threads you posted in organized by last post. Also I integrated a phpChat into the myOvergrow system-- uses existing login/cookies and also the ignore list.

yeeeeehaw! 150 hours+/- of work, finished. Our traffic has gone so crazy that our ISP is kicking us off and making us get our own box. My delusion that I had the best looking VB around lasted for about ... a day... till I just saw that thread with Ultrashock.

-OG
            im on cable

Comment

• Thurian
              • Dec 2000

I like it!

Overgrow, the design of your vbulletin forums are the best I have seen. It really has all the elements. As I create my own design I am wishing that you would grant me two favors. The first favor: May I use those lovely light bulb gifs from your forum? The second favor: Could you tell me how you have subforums that do not have a column for the light bulb? So far I can have the subforum and the extra column, or no column and no subforum. I would like to use alternative column colors without the light bulb showing up with the alternative color. I am not sure if this makes any sense but I find it hard to describe such things. Anyway, thanks for making such a nice site as an example to work towards (in a different direction of course).
              The Thoughtful Forums
              Welcome to Transformica - Where to Think is to Flourish

Comment

• fastforward
                • Nov 2000

Re: I like it!

Originally posted by Thurian
                Overgrow, the design of your vbulletin forums are the best I have seen.
                Overgrow has always been one of my favourites too. Coming in at close second is JamesUSs' new design. And of course SitePoint

I just wish I had bit more artistic flair I'm seriously thinking about commissioning someone to design me a site. (depends on the size of my tax refund )
                http://britishexpats.com/ - British expatriate community

Comment

• Jordan
                  • Feb 2001

Looks great! Colors, layout, design, integration - everything! Good job!
                  Jordan Gadd
                  Contact Information

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                    • Aug 2000

Re: Re: I like it!

Originally posted by fastforward

Overgrow has always been one of my favourites too. Coming in at close second is JamesUSs' new design. And of course SitePoint

I just wish I had bit more artistic flair I'm seriously thinking about commissioning someone to design me a site. (depends on the size of my tax refund )
                    Get someone to do it for free. Surely you have something to barter with, maybe some HTML work or some PERL coding.. Simply Saunter over the SitePoint Trading Post and ask. We have many young and talented designers trying to build their portfolios.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Jordan
                      • Feb 2001

Some people on this board as well are willing to do some freelance work. Just post with the details and see the response you get. But as I mentioned above, don't forget to include the details what you want done.
                      Jordan Gadd
                      Contact Information

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...