• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IB Adrian
    Former Senior Operations Manager
    • Jul 2008
    • 3.6.x

Questions

This is a general Questions thread where you can ask about how to create translations for Mobile Apps.
    Adrian
  • Nosfer@tu
    • Mar 2008
    • 3.7.x

So I have to provide translations for a mobile edition ?

I already spent alot of time translating my forum because vb does not allow us danes to share language files on the site.

Now I have to provide danish to vb if I want to allow my users to use it
    And I have to pay 200 USD for the option

Comment

• IB Adrian
      • Jul 2008
      • 3.6.x

If you wish the phrases in the mobile device to be in a language other than English - we just need one translated copy for the language.
      Adrian

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nosfer@tu
        So I have to provide translations for a mobile edition ?

I already spent alot of time translating my forum because vb does not allow us danes to share language files on the site.

Now I have to provide danish to vb if I want to allow my users to use it
        And I have to pay 200 USD for the option
        What do you mean we do not allow you to share your languages?

Comment

• Yves R.
          vBulletin QA
          • Nov 2003
          • 5.6.X

When we submit a translation, when apps will have the language file integrated? Someone asked me the android app is not in French (normal, I'm on it) and I would like to tell him when this could be in apps.

Thanks

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• IB Adrian
            • Jul 2008
            • 3.6.x

The apps will include the updated translations at each release.
            i.e. if you submit a translation - the next update we do of the applications will include it. In this case this would be version 1.0.3

For the first couple of months we will probably do a release a month then after that, probably every 3 months.

So to answer his question - say the next release of the android app, which will probably be a month or so away
            Adrian

Comment

• Yves R.
              vBulletin QA
              • Nov 2003
              • 5.6.X

Ok thank you

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• john_stm
                • Jan 2008

Come on Adrian, France is a very big market for you too. Are you sure about this 1 month? Or is it may be much longer?
                Is there a good reason not to create a minor version and add all languages you guys already have? I'm thinking of the Italian folk who spent time creating his own language and others too.

I have been struggling to get all things ready, told my members that finally VB was releasing the app and now I'm loosing credibility if it's not in my language.

Actually I'm not even sure if Apple or Android will allow an English version for a French forum. Is it such a big deal to create version 1.0.2.1 to recompile and include languages that your customers created for your product? (not a sarcasm, I am really asking)

Comment

• Merjawy
                  • Sep 2002

I know this is rather an old thread.. I don't use iPhone or Android, but might try to help with translation
                  I just started working on translating vB4 suite, to date there is no reall good Arabic translation at all, no offense to the attempts and they are ok lots of people using them and they work just fine.. They're just not as they should be!

Back to Mobile translation at hand.
                  Is there a list of already compiled languages available?
                  Is there a suggested editor to use or Wordpad is fine?

Thanks
                  To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
                  My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
                  CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
                  Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• Omid Majdi
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Merjawy
                    I know this is rather an old thread.. I don't use iPhone or Android, but might try to help with translation
                    I just started working on translating vB4 suite, to date there is no reall good Arabic translation at all, no offense to the attempts and they are ok lots of people using them and they work just fine.. They're just not as they should be!

Back to Mobile translation at hand.
                    Is there a list of already compiled languages available?
                    Is there a suggested editor to use or Wordpad is fine?

Thanks
                    Country codes for languages currently available:

AR
                    DE
                    DK
                    EL
                    EN
                    ES
                    FR
                    IT
                    NL
                    PL
                    PT
                    RO
                    RU
                    SV
                    TH

Any text editor should be fine as long as the original formatting is preserved.

Comment

• cykelmyggen
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 3.5.x

The process will be:
                      1. Check if your language is already compiled for both the iPhone and Android.
                      Where do you actually check if the language is compiled - link? I just set up the Android app - and this is in english..?
                      http://www.boggnasker.dk/vbforums/

Comment

• Omid Majdi
                        • Nov 2011

If you download and install the vBulletin Community Forum app (links below) you will be able to determine if the app is compiled for your language. If the app is installed on a device with English as the default language, it will be displayed in English. If your device is set to use Spanish as the default language, it will be displayed in Spanish. If your device is set to a language that the vBulletin apps do not yet support, you will be given the English version.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...etin.vbulletin
                        iPhone: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vbull...524847983?mt=8

Comment

• cykelmyggen
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by IBOmid
                          If you download and install the vBulletin Community Forum app (links below) you will be able to determine if the app is compiled for your language. If the app is installed on a device with English as the default language, it will be displayed in English. If your device is set to use Spanish as the default language, it will be displayed in Spanish. If your device is set to a language that the vBulletin apps do not yet support, you will be given the English version.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...etin.vbulletin
                          iPhone: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vbull...524847983?mt=8
                          Thanks, IBOmid
                          I've recently supplied a translation for the Android - when can I expect this to be updated to include this - i.e. 1.4?
                          http://www.boggnasker.dk/vbforums/

Comment

• Omid Majdi
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by cykelmyggen
                            Thanks, IBOmid
                            I've recently supplied a translation for the Android - when can I expect this to be updated to include this - i.e. 1.4?
                            Yes, your translations will be included in v1.4.

Comment

• Fields
                              • Oct 2014
                              • 4.2.x

Hello,

currently there is only version 1.5 of the string lists published, is it possible that someone uploads version 1.9 for iOS and Android? There are some mistakes and missing phrases for the German language and I would like to translate them.

Thanks!

Best regards,
                              Fields

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...