vB3: Broken link in phrase digestthread (subscription notification)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eJM
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.8.x

vB3: Broken link in phrase digestthread (subscription notification)

Members who subscribe to a specific thread in a vBulletin 3.8.x forum (possibly 4.x also) get an instant email notification using the phrase,
    Code:
    Dear $touser[username],

$bbuserinfo[username] has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - $threadinfo[prefix_plain]$threadinfo[title] - in the $foruminfo[title_clean] forum of $vboptions[bbtitle].

This thread is located at:
    [B]$vboptions[bburl]/showthread.php?t=$threadinfo[threadid]&goto=newpost[/B]

[rest of phrase removed for brevity in this discussion]
    This phrase works as designed for instant email notifications. I have customized the digestthread phrase for those receiving a daily or weekly thread notification. Instead of,
    Code:
    Dear $thread[username],

You are subscribed to the thread "$thread[prefix_plain]$thread[title]" by $thread[postusername], there have been $thread[newposts] post(s) to this thread, the last poster was $thread[lastposter].
    $vboptions[bburl]/showthread.php?t=$thread[threadid]

These following posts were made to the thread:
    $postbits

The customized version is,
    Code:
    Hello $thread[username],

You are subscribed to the topic "$thread[prefix_plain]$thread[title]" by $thread[postusername], there have been $thread[newposts] post(s) to this discussion. If you do not want to be notified of replies to this topic, please see the directions to stop these notifications at the bottom of this message.

To read and reply, click the link below to be taken to the first unread post in the topic:
    [B]$vboptions[bburl]/showthread.php?t=$threadinfo[threadid]&goto=newpost[/B]

Notice that the link in the original, which takes the user to the beginning of the thread, has been changed to take the user to the first new post in the thread. But it doesn't work. I tested it and the link I get is this: http://www.thefloorpro.com/community/showthread.php?t= (the address includes the equal sign, but that part isn't linked).

What could be happening here? I would have thought that a link in one phrase (notify) would work in another phrase (digestthread). Is there something I can do to fix it?

Thanks,

Jim
    If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
    www.TheFloorPro.com
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...