Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • taffy056
    • Sep 2004

British English

I run a British forum, and my users are mostly going to be British, there doesn't appear to be one for us brits which is a bit strange when you think about it as vBulletin was a from the UK , anyone got one they can share? With respects to the American English on there right now.
    Free Kick
    https://apps.facebook.com/freekick-net/forums.php
  • Mitzy
    • Sep 2011

Unless you're going to be running a EDL forum I don't think your users will care. However if there was an option to switch to UK English then I would, It's the same situation with XenForo.

Comment

• taffy056
      • Sep 2004

far from that, but I care lol, also there is no welsh pack which is a shame , always like to give people an option with things
      Free Kick
      https://apps.facebook.com/freekick-net/forums.php

Comment

• TheVisitors
        Banned
        • May 2010
        • 4.1.x

This is something I'd be interested in

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Out of curiosity, what phrases would you want changed to be more British?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• TheNewOne
            • Aug 2011

None that I can see lol

Comment

• Anders P
              • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Lynne
              There are some differences in spelling between US English and British English, such as color - colour.
              My guess is that it is mostly things like that.
              Anders Pettersson
              Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
              If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
              Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

• Mitzy
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Lynne
                None in the front end, the main thing would be to have the language named British English to give it the name it deserves!

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

You may name it British English if you want. Go to admincp > languages & phrases > language manager > edit English > change the title from English to British English.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...