Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • perudefensa
    • Jun 2007

Master Language Pack in English

I would suggest and at the same time I would ask to the vB team, if a master Language Pack in english (as a reference for translation purposes) could be released with each vB release. The same that you do with the french Language Pack downloadable from Members Area.

I need to translate to Spanish, and to translate from german, italian or french is more complex than to translate from english.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Each release has the master English language. But you should be translating from the AdminCP, not the xml file.

Comment

• perudefensa
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Zachery
      Each release has the master English language. But you should be translating from the AdminCP, not the xml file.
      Hi. I understand that a translation can be done from AdminCP, but if I work directly the xml file I could separate the data to be translated and then do an automated translation. After that I would only need to correct the automatic translation. Google translates very good and these phrases are very simple.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

We don't support automatic translations or the method your proposing. And Google Translate has serious flaws in context that provides poor translations. Sorry.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Further, using the master language file has its own set of problems. You really need to work from the AdminCP.

Comment