X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • allanh
    • Apr 2003
    • 3.6.x

Need Japanese language pack for vBulletin 5

Hello, I purchased vBulletin 5 and installed it.
    However, the forum is catered towards Japanese.
    Is there a Japanese ( 日本語) language pack for vBulletin 5? If not, can someone create one?

thanks
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

There is no such language pack available for vB5. However, you can translate vB5 yourself. It is quite some work to go through the whole language file, but it is manageable.

Comment

• allanh
      • Apr 2003
      • 3.6.x

Hi, I am hoping someone can create one or perhaps there is an "unofficial" version floating around?

Comment

• ENF
        • Apr 2002

Originally posted by allanh
        Hi, I am hoping someone can create one or perhaps there is an "unofficial" version floating around?
        To be honest, none of us that use Japanese own a VB5 license, nor do we plan to. You are probably going to have to start a project on your own if you really need a Japanese language pack.
        To be updated...

Comment

• allanh
          • Apr 2003
          • 3.6.x

I have started to do some translations on the language and it is probably going to take months.... but until I find one, I will slowly to translate.... . If one is released before I finish, then I use that one.

Osaka.com is the ultimate portal for all visitors and residents of Osaka covering all aspects of the Nation's kitchen.

Comment

• allanh
            • Apr 2003
            • 3.6.x

but I must say vB5 is so damn slow comparing to other forum softwares.... hopefully they will fix it otherwise I might need to look elsewhere

Comment

• ENF
              • Apr 2002

but I must say vB5 is so damn slow comparing to other forum softwares.... hopefully they will fix it otherwise I might need to look elsewhere
              I guess I should have further qualified that, we actually don't use vBulletin at all any more. We stopped with VB3.8.x and converted away from vB to a newer platform earlier this year.

Good luck with your future decisions.
              To be updated...

Comment

• allanh
                • Apr 2003
                • 3.6.x

I actually feel like moving to Xenforo now...Is that the one you are using?

Comment

• ENF
                  • Apr 2002

I actually feel like moving to Xenforo now...Is that the one you are using?
                  Yes. It has been much easier to locate 3rd party developers and designers to provide custom functions and designs.
                  To be updated...

Comment