Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can I do this?

Hi,
    How can I translate the vbulletin, I have been looking for Arabic translation pack but I couldn't find a pack for vbulletin 4.1.5v in the language back section.

Can someone please let me know the steps or if there are any video instructions.

Thanks

I've been working with translating vbulletin since before version 3.0 and the best advice I can give you is t make sure that you know the context of where the phrases are used. At least in my language there are different way to translate something depending in what context the word is used, this is more important with shorter phrases. Longer sentences sort of give the context anyway.

What I did in the beginning was to just surf each page and look at the phrases there and then find them in the phrase manager. One thing to think about is that some phrases contain variables, so sometimes you can't search for the full phrase, but just a part of it.

When most phrases are done it is easy to see what phrases are still untranslated in the phrase manager. If one can't find where a phrase is used it sometimes helps to search for the phrase variable in the templates.

But as I understand you you want to translate to Arabic. The latest version of that pack seems to be this: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show....1-suite-UTF-8
    So I suggest that you install that, just choose ignore version. When you have done that use the script "Find Updated Phrases" and correct all phrases that have been updated, since some phrases include code and or variables it is important to do this to be sure of functionality. Then continue to translate all untranslated phrases.

And if you haven't started your forum yet I suggest that yo go with UTF8 for your database and language encoding.

Lastly I can also mention that I have seen somewhere that they are planning to make an official Arabic translation, but it isn't ready yet.

I hope this helps, if you run into problem just ask.

/Anders
    Anders Pettersson
    Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
    If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
    Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

1. But as I understand you you want to translate to Arabic. The latest version of that pack seems to be this: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show....1-suite-UTF-8

So I suggest that you install that, just choose ignore version. When you have done that use the script "Find Updated Phrases" and correct all phrases that have been updated, since

2. And if you haven't started your forum yet I suggest that yo go with UTF8 for your database and language encoding.

3. Lastly I can also mention that I have seen somewhere that they are planning to make an official Arabic translation, but it isn't ready yet.

dododo

My questions for the above

1. Where can I choose ignore version?

2. Do you mean installed the software?

3. Do they say when it will be ready?

Thanks very much

Comment

Originally posted by christian gate View Post
        1. Where can I choose ignore version?
        When you upload the language file you will have an option to ignore version, if the version of the language file is not the same as the version of your installation.

2. Do you mean installed the software?
        When you set up the database I suggest that you set the collation to UTF8, and then use a language file that is encoded in UTF8. If you have the choice that is the way to go.

3. Do they say when it will be ready?
        I don't think so, I just understood it as someone is working on it. They do have official Arabic support here no through Dody, my guess is that he knows what is going on with the Arabic language.

/Anders
        Anders Pettersson
        Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
        If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
        Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

When you set up the database I suggest that you set the collation to UTF8, and then use a language file that is encoded in UTF8. If you have the choice that is the way to go.

I have installed it already, but I am not sure if I choosed this option, is there is a way to check it or changed it?

Thanks

Comment

I have installed it already, but I am not sure if I choosed this option, is there is a way to check it or changed it?
            You can see the collation, and change it, in phpmyadmin.
            I am no expert in this area, but a quick search here came up with the following that might be helpful.
            https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...=1#post2188159

But if your database is more or less empty, you could try and creat a new database with utf8 collation, that is probably quicker than changeeing every table manually.

/Anders
            Anders Pettersson

Comment

Hi,
              I checked in the phpmyadmin, and found that All tables and data are in UTF-8 (general_ci) - according to phpmyadmin and exported file as well. BUT
              Charset of my language is iso-8859-2, I have started the translation and by testing it it work fine, also I have translate some of the navtab and looks ok, I wrote an 2 articles 1 in the blog and 1 in the cmc main page, The problem I am having now are the following 2

1. In the blog I can type fine but then when I click save the articles get interpted with code in between but it save it, when I go to the blog page and click on the article title or read more it can't find the page (Page Not Found).

2. In the cmc page I have the widge of the latest blog post and I see every thing fine but when I click on the title it can't find the page (Page Not Found).

Thanks

Comment

Hi,
                I checked in the phpmyadmin, and found that All tables and data are in UTF-8 (general_ci) - according to phpmyadmin and exported file as well. BUT
                [B]Charset of my language is iso-8859-2, I have started the translation and by testing it it work fine,
                If your database is in utf8 (and the language file you start with as one of the ones I linked to), you should set the language setting to use utf8. Language & Phrases -> Language Manager -> Edit Settings -> the option "HTML Character Set". If you allow English on your forum, change the setting for English also to utf8.

also I have translate some of the navtab and looks ok, I wrote an 2 articles 1 in the blog and 1 in the cmc main page, The problem I am having now are the following 2

1. In the blog I can type fine but then when I click save the articles get interpted with code in between but it save it, when I go to the blog page and click on the article title or read more it can't find the page (Page Not Found).

2. In the cmc page I have the widge of the latest blog post and I see every thing fine but when I click on the title it can't find the page (Page Not Found).
                These two last question seems to be unrelated to translation and language, you are better off posting those questions in the vBulletin-4-Questions-Problems-and-Troubleshooting

/Anders
                Anders Pettersson

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X