Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pagespike
    • Mar 2011

search box-searching video tags/member glitch

I am trying to figure out if there is a quick fix to integrating the search box in 4.0 to pic up the video tags. Our site is going to have a lot of video and it appears the only convenient way to get the search to pic up our video tags is by writing a related article to each video with the tags in the article. Although this is generally a good idea to make content discoverable, it seems there should be an easier way to integrate the search box to find our video tags without a ton of development time. My developer said it would just be a lot of hours to do this but I wanted to make sure there wasn't just an easier way he might not be aware of, in the tools or some code sharing. Any advise would be appreciated.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...