• 4.0.x

How does export work (what to check)

Hi I have translated most of vB 4x now and would like to export my work

But I have trouble understanding how the settings work

Include Custom Phrases
    should I choose yes or no,
    what are custom phrases?

Just fetch phrases
    (No language settings will be included if 'Yes' is selected)

What settings are this? and what does this do?

And finally will I have to export blog, cms and vbulletin and plugins separately?
  • Anders P
    • Feb 2002

Originally posted by geiri
    Hi I have translated most of vB 4x now and would like to export my work

But I have trouble understanding how the settings work
    I can try and help a little since I have done some translation myself.

Include Custom Phrases
    should I choose yes or no,
    what are custom phrases?
    Select no if you intend to share it with others. Custom phrases are phrases you creat yourself and can add in templates.

Just fetch phrases
    (No language settings will be included if 'Yes' is selected)

What settings are this? and what does this do?
    Actually I'm not 100 % sure, but I think it is the settings that you have in the "language settings" in the language manager.
    I usually have this to no when I download files that I share here.

And finally will I have to export blog, cms and vbulletin and plugins separately?
    Yes, you need to download threee separate files.

Good luck.

/Anders
    Anders Pettersson
    Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
    If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
    Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

• geiri
      • Feb 2004
      • 4.0.x

Thank you, Anders this helps

I was wondering about the last part, could there be a difference in saving with db charset or not?
      It might help those who are exporting lang from one db charset to another?

Comment

• Anders P
        • Feb 2002

Thank you, Anders this helps

I was wondering about the last part, could there be a difference in saving with db charset or not?
        It might help those who are exporting lang from one db charset to another?
        The exported files will have the databse's encoding anyway. What I do, my forum runs with utf-8 so that is the the format my downloaded file will have, is that I edit the file with Notepad ++ and change the encoding to ISO-8859-1 for those that need that format.

/Anders
        Anders Pettersson
        Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
        If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
        Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...