X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JesterP
    • Dec 2007

Alternate languages

Hello all,

I have a need to offer several different languages to visitors on a big board. v3.8.3

I see there are language packs available for the languages I need to add but am unsure if this will accomplish what I need. I am not looking to convert the site, only allow a choice.

The question: Will installing a language pack give me that ability or do I need a modification like vB Enterprise translator?

Thank you

J
    Last edited by JesterP; Wed 15 Sep '10, 6:20pm. Reason: Spelling
  • nexialys
    • May 2004
    • 1.1.x

language packs are not global, but on user basis... even guests can choose their language in the dropdown menu you see in the bottom of THIS site... it is set for you to test it... it will work the same on your site.
    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• JesterP
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by nexialys
      language packs are not global, but on user basis... even guests can choose their language in the dropdown menu you see in the bottom of THIS site... it is set for you to test it... it will work the same on your site.
      Thank you, I never understood how they were used. I am wondering though if I will need both the translator mod AND language packs. Anyone have any experience with this?

Again, thank you

J

I installed German and see what it does. I guess I need the translator.

Thank you for your time.
      Last edited by JesterP; Thu 16 Sep '10, 9:19am.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

If you want the content of the posts tranlsated you'll need a translator.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...