• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Giangy94
    • Jul 2009
    • 3.8.x

No file uploaded or no local file found

Hi to all,

I made a vBulletin translation but I have a problem when I try to attach it in a topic o when I upload it as language file, the error I receive is "No file uploaded or no local file found". I tried to understand what is the problem but I can't
    I searched for strange characters, I tried to download the language file with and without customizations

Thanks to people who will help me
    Last edited by Giangy94; Wed 21 Jul '10, 5:16am.
  • GameFreak2009
    • Sep 2009

Are you sure you exported it good?

It should be a .xml file.

Also, explain us what you did so we know that

Comment

• Giangy94
      • Jul 2009
      • 3.8.x

It should be a .xml file.
      Yes, I know because I have already made other translations.

Also, explain us what you did so we know that
      Simple I translated and exported

Comment

• GameFreak2009
        • Sep 2009

That's not normal

If only a vBulletin Team Member would look here once in a while...

Comment

• Giangy94
          • Jul 2009
          • 3.8.x

I also made some tests with Impex and with the 'phrase' table. I tried to import the phrases which were on forum on another database to understand if the problem were vBulletin or my language file but it imported only 466 phrases and failed the remaining.
          Then I tried exporting and importing the 'phrase' table but no languages have been created and in the english language there were some italian phrases

Edit: I also tried to upload it on a fresh installation but vbulletin rebuilded english language without creating the italian language.

In the past days I made some tests deleting one phrases' group at a time to see which group gave me the problem. Actually when I deleted from file the group 'vBulletin Settings' it worked so vBulletin uploaded the file. I thought that some phrases could create conflict or maybe in them there were some strange characters o quotation marks not closed.
          I saw them but I didn't find nothing of not normal.
          For example a phrase which creates problem during the upload is
          PHP Code:
          '<phrase name="setting_hvcheck_registration_title" date="1258740186" username="Giangy94" version="4.0.0 Beta 3"><![CDATA[Verifica alla registrazione]]></phrase>'
          Last edited by Giangy94; Wed 14 Jul '10, 11:35pm.

Comment

• Giangy94
            • Jul 2009
            • 3.8.x

I made other tests...I took two files, the first worked(not full translation), the second gave the error(full translation).
            So I copied each category from first file to second and finally also the second file worked so I upgraded my forum to vB 4.0.6 PL1 and I started to update the translation. I had to translate about 700 phrases and I sometimes(every 30-40 translated phrases) downloaded and uploaded the file to see if it worked. It worked and I thought I resolved the problem but it wasn't true
            Before I had to translate the last 70 phrase but when I uploaded the file, vBulletin rebuilded MASTER language...the second-last time I translated only style tools phrases and they were simple phrase...I'm becoming crazy...Help me please

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...