Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andreamarucci
    • Nov 2005

Little translation problem

I'm translating VB4 in italian. This is a problem I've in the Album Section. If I go in the album and click the link to modify the pictures, the screen listing all the pics appear and in the right there are one radio button and one check box to set the album cover or delete the picture.

In the attach you'll see how these appears after the translation. It's a bug or what?
    Attached Files
  • Luciano
    • Apr 2001
    • 3.8.x

Are you sure you have the default style?
    It seems you are using a mac.. i tried safari for windows...
    its even worse without tranlation.. the checkbox and the radio are half inside the editbox...
    L.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Luciano; Tue 29 Dec '09, 10:25am.

Comment

• andreamarucci
      • Nov 2005

Thanks Luciano. I'll check with other OS and browsers...

Comment

• andreamarucci
        • Nov 2005

Checked now with Chrome. The italian version is the same as the picture above and english version is correct. Anyone can explain?

Comment

• Sebastiano Vassellatti
          Former vBulletin QA
          • Aug 2008
          • 5.5.x

It seems the space these two phrases can take is fixed so if phrases are longer than the given space they wrap on a new line (I have the same problem with my translation ). I think you should report it in the bug tracker so the devs can look into it.
          As regards what Luciano is seeing, maybe it is a problem specific of Safari? I cannot see that issue with IE7, IE8, Firefox 3.5 and Google Chrome. I believe he (or whoever else is having the same issue) should report that too in the bug tracker.

Comment

• Omeka
            • Jul 2004

Basta usare le skin per le versioni aggiornate e non c'è nessun problema, quindi non è un problema di traduzione. Ciao

Just use your skin for the latest versions and there is no problem, so there is a problem of translation.
            https://traduzioni-italiane.it/

Comment

• Omeka
              • Jul 2004

This skin is of my creation as the translation and is suitable for the current version, as you can see there is no error.

La skin è di mia creazione come la traduzione ed è adatta per la versione corrente, come potete constatare non c'è nessun errore.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Omeka; Fri 8 Jan '10, 2:19pm.
              https://traduzioni-italiane.it/

Comment

• Sebastiano Vassellatti
                Former vBulletin QA
                • Aug 2008
                • 5.5.x

You're not seeing the issue because your phrases are short enough not to wrap on a new line (I've just tested using your same translations for those two phrases). Try to make them just a bit longer and see what happens.
                Custom skins have nothing to do with as I'm seeing this problem in the Default Style.

BTW, I've opened myself a new bug report for this issue, Andrea.

Comment