X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hctopcu
    • Oct 2008
    • 4.0.x

adding another language pack messed everything up

I'm using UTF-8 I found an incomplete language pack and managed to change to UTF-8 (ANSII to utf-8), uploaded.
    Everything gone fine for a few days. But there were lots of errors and missings. so I wanted to try a new one. That was ISO too. Again I changed to UTF-8 and uploaded.
    Somehow somewhere I made something wrong and some "?"s started to show up. I switched back to my old language but the errors kept showing up.
    I could find some of them (first attachment.) Translation was empty and the default area was causing the problem.
    I uninstalled both language packs but they still keep showing.
    And I could'nt find where to fix it.
    Attached Files
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Can you link me to the language pack you installed?

Comment

• hctopcu
      • Oct 2008
      • 4.0.x

In fact I can't remember. I think I downloaded from one of the threads here.
      I converted it to UTF-8 then uploaded it. I'm sending both the original and converted ones as attachment.
      Last edited by Floris; Mon 24 Nov '08, 3:26am.

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Please don't link it here. I need to know the exact thread since we manually process all of them before making them public. I've removed the .zip in your post to avoid others getting issues.

Comment

• !!!
          • Oct 2002

Are there solutions to language packs that interfere? Is there a way to reinstall the English language pack without overwriting other language packs so that it will replace the default text and the English text boxes? That'd be heaven, because there are a number of portuguese messups I need to fix

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...