X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anders P
    • Feb 2002

Can't find where some phrases are used

Hi.

I've been working with translation of vBulletin since the 2.x versions (when the langauge was in the templates).

The most important thing to get a good translation is to understand in what context a phrase is used, since the translation should be done differently depending on that. Just doing a straight translation can make it totaly ununderstandable.

One way to find where phrases are used is to search for them in the templates, but for the admin CP you don't find the phrases there, so it is sometimes difficult to be sure of how they are used

As of now I have done most of the translation (as specified in this post), but some phrases gives me a little trouble.

Does anyone know where teh these phrases, from the phrase group User Tools (global), are used?
    allowed_bbcode_message_align, allowed_bbcode_message_basic, allowed_bbcode_message_code, allowed_bbcode_message_color, allowed_bbcode_message_font, allowed_bbcode_message_html, allowed_bbcode_message_image, allowed_bbcode_message_link, allowed_bbcode_message_list, allowed_bbcode_message_php, allowed_bbcode_message_size, allowed_bbcode_message_x

If anyone knows about the other untranslated phrases noted in this post are used I welcome that info as well.

/Anders
    Anders Pettersson
    Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
    If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
    Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

I believe, that is shown for the signature permissions. UserCP > Edit Signature

Comment

• Anders P
      • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Zachery
      I believe, that is shown for the signature permissions. UserCP > Edit Signature
      No, those are from the phrase group Permissions.

/Anders
      Anders Pettersson
      Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
      If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
      Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

• Anders P
        • Feb 2002

Anyone that can help out with this?
        Anders Pettersson

Comment

• renep
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.8.x

I grepped for allowed_bbcode_message_align and could only find it in the language file:

Code:
          $/vbulletin/3.7.1/unpack$ find . -type f -exec grep -H allowed_bbcode_message_align {} \;
          ./upload/install/vbulletin-language.xml:                <phrase name="allowed_bbcode_message_align" date="1203430308" username="Jelsoft" version="3.7.0 Beta 5"><![CDATA[<span title="[left] [center] [right][indent]">Alignment</span>]]></phrase>
          So at first sight it appears to be unused. Or perhaps it's used only by dynamically constructing its name.
          "The lurking suspicion that something could be simplified is the world's richest source of rewarding challenges"
          - Edsger Dijkstra

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...