X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • draxima
    • Dec 2006
    • 3.6.x

I have installed a new language pack

I have installed a new language pack so my visitors feels more at home. But I do not like the fact that the backend is translated as well.

I have gotten used to an english backend.

Is there any possibility in having the frontend translated but not the backend.

Looking forward to some suggestions

Thanks
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You would have to do that manually by editing the appropriate phrases - mostly in the Control Panel phrase types. Either that or change your language hen you access the Admin CP.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• renep
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      or change your language hen you access the Admin CP.
      It's even easier when you access the Admin CP only with an admin account that you don't normally use in the forums: all you have to do is set the language preference of the admin user to English.
      "The lurking suspicion that something could be simplified is the world's richest source of rewarding challenges"
      - Edsger Dijkstra

Comment

• Chousho
        • Jan 2004
        • 3.8.x

it'd be easiest to do this in the XML file you get. Just delete the admin part (I don't remember exactly where it is, but I think it's towards the end?).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...