Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anders P
    • Feb 2002

Working on Swedish for 3.7.0

I have started to work on the Swedish translation for 3.7.0.
    There are quite a few updated phrases to go through (even though many of thaem are more of typos in the English and I don't really need to change anything on the Swedish version of that phrase), but there is a lot of new ones, including the new FAQ.

I have received a few PM about how the work is going and I thought that I could creat a thread to discuss it.
    There are a few things that others coudl help out with, or come with suggestions.

Some new things have even been discusse what they should be called in English, and this sometimes makes it more difficult to decide what to use in Swedish.

Anyway here are a few things that I would appreciate input from others on.
    I will add more things as I encounter problems, but thougt that we could get a discussion going on.

What should we call the following in Swedish?

Visitor messages
    Social Group Messages
    Notifications (as in user notifications in UCP)

/Anders
    Anders Pettersson
    Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
    If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
    Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.
  • Aotw
    • Jun 2005
    • 3.5.x

Great to see a swedish translation on it's way. Was thinking about it today, since i started some work on my newest project and a translation would be great for it.

Some suggestion what i could be called.

Visitor messages = Gäst meddelanden
    Social Group Messages = Grupp meddelanden
    Notifications (as in user notifications in UCP) = Notifiering(ar)

Comment

• Addonic
      • Dec 2007
      • 3.6.x

Hi Anders, is it possible to make a second version there the "Admin controll panel" are still in english. It makes it easyer when installing mods.

/best regards Jonas

Comment

• MRMRacing
        • Jan 2008
        • 3.6.x

Grate with a swedish version and I agree with the English part in ADMIN.

Comment

• Thomas THL
          • Aug 2007
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Aotw
          Great to see a swedish translation on it's way. Was thinking about it today, since i started some work on my newest project and a translation would be great for it.

Some suggestion what i could be called.

Visitor messages = Gäst meddelanden
          Social Group Messages = Grupp meddelanden
          Notifications (as in user notifications in UCP) = Notifiering(ar)
          I agree with the first two but put it togther like Gästmeddelanden and Gruppmeddelanden.

Notifiering, is that really a swedish word? I don´t know but this is what NADA says:

Engelskt uppslagsord notification report {to an authority}, notification {of participation}
          Svensk översättning tillkännagivande, kungörelse, anmälan, underrättelse, meddelande, rapport, anmält fall (substantiv)
          /Thomas

Comment

• Thomas THL
            • Aug 2007
            • 3.6.x

BTW, here is the link to the dictionary if you are not already using it:

/Thomas
            Last edited by Thomas THL; Mon 5 May '08, 2:58am. Reason: Spelling....

Comment

• alme
              • Oct 2007
              • 3.6.x

Visitor messages = Meddelande från besökare
              Social Group Messages = Meddelande från grupper
              Notifications (as in user notifications in UCP) = Notiser

Comment

• pewa
                • Jan 2008
                • 5.5.x

Originally posted by alme
                Visitor messages = Meddelande från besökare
                Social Group Messages = Meddelande från grupper
                Notifications (as in user notifications in UCP) = Notiser
                "Notiser" sounds good! Then I prefer "Besökarmeddelanden" and "Gruppmeddelanden", think it's cleaner.

Anders P, any updates on the progress? Need help with more phrases?

Comment

• Anders P
                  • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Addonic
                  Hi Anders, is it possible to make a second version there the "Admin controll panel" are still in english. It makes it easyer when installing mods.

/best regards Jonas
                  Yes it is possible, but the ones that need that can easily do it themselves.
                  Just delete those phrase groups from the xml file.

I find it easier to just change the language I use for the time I want everything in English.

Originally posted by pewa
                  "Notiser" sounds good! Then I prefer "Besökarmeddelanden" and "Gruppmeddelanden", think it's cleaner.

Anders P, any updates on the progress? Need help with more phrases?
                  I tend to agree on those comments as well. Will probably go for "notiser" "besökarmeddelanden" and "gruppmeddelanden".

I will try and post a list with the phrases that I haven't figured out.
                  It is sometimes difficult to be sure of in what context a phrase is used (usually no problem to do a straight translation but if one aren't sure of the context it can be verry strange translation), so that might be one thing I could need help with.

I still have a bunch of updated phrases (i.e. they have been changed in the English default language) that I need to go through and check. However most of them are not actually changed, some might have some minor typo in the English, so that is mostly just time consuming.

The new FAQ will take a little time, I've done a few parts (what I have done is viewable at the forum I admin, link in my sig) and will hopefully have done most by this weekend (if nothing unforseen turns up).

/Anders
                  Anders Pettersson
                  Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
                  If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
                  Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

• pewa
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 5.5.x

I've looked at the FAQ and it seems to be quite a lot to translate. You're doing a good job by the way!

I'm waiting for the swedish language pack before I can convert my board to vBulletin. If it's only the FAQ that's left, is it possible to get a swedish pack for everything except the FAQ just for now?

Comment

• pasargad
                      • Jun 2006

Bra jobbat Anders. I want to thank you for the work as well and hope that we will get it soon.Do not hesitate to ask for any help if needed.

Could u give us en estimation about when the work will be done?

Comment

• alme
                        • Oct 2007
                        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Anders P
                        The new FAQ will take a little time, I've done a few parts (what I have done is viewable at the forum I admin, link in my sig) and will hopefully have done most by this weekend (if nothing unforseen turns up).

/Anders
                        Could you give any estimate as to when your translation is ready for "release"?

I'm setting up a Swedish community and I've already translated to most elemantary parts, and would like to know if I should continue with my own translation or wait.

Thanks for your hard work!

Comment

• RAFFE
                          • May 2008

Tjena !

Som sagt bra jobbat Anders kommer komma väl till hands.

Mvh Ralf

Comment

• pewa
                            • Jan 2008
                            • 5.5.x

Any updates?

Comment

• alme
                              • Oct 2007
                              • 3.6.x

I'm considering starting a new Swedish translation now, since I need to get my board rolling. I've just got a few questions:

- Can i import the Swedish translation for 3.6.x and extend it?
                              - Can I translate even strings that are in add-on products, or would that mess things up?

Comment