• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • antiekeradio
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.6.x

"offline" method of translating

Hello,

I'm in the process of getting my style and language pack up to speed for version 3.7

unfortunately the changes to the phrasing is quite extensive and I keep bumping into 'less than optimal' translations from the past.

I do not think the screens in the AdminCP offer a workable solution to do more than a few tweaks here and there.

the 'edit/translate' phrases type of page works nicely, but there is NO possibility to filter phrases (so that only the non-translated ones would show)
    if this were the case it would be a lot easier to make the changes after an update.

so please consider for the Next Major Release; the phrases system is not very admin-friendly when it comes to translation after updates.

Related question; is there a way to edit the language XML offline (for instance with som sort of comparison program) ???
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Yes, there are professional .xml editing programs that allow you to do this. No title comes to mind right now. But google surely can assist. Jelsoft does not offer them at this point.

Comment

• antiekeradio
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.6.x

OK, thats interesting.

can anyone comment on:

- which program to use
      - the 'strategy' to follow? (ie which XML's to compare, where to edit, etc)

Comment