Does adding another language impact performance?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • K-mans
    • Sep 2006
    • 3.7.x

Does adding another language impact performance?

Tonight I added German to my forum to test it out and about an hour later my server was churning server load averages as high as 14! (I don't think I'd ever seen anything over "2" before). I immediately deleted the German language in admincp but the performance did not immediately get better. SO I am wondering if adding another language, even if no one is using it (actually I used it for about 15 minutes) would have such a dramatic impact on server load averages and overall performance?

My server is running at .38 right now with 67 people online, I don't really know if that is good or bad, but 14.5 was terrible performance!
  • nxvc
    Banned
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.7.x

I've added about 20 languages on my vb and it doesnt impact the performance.

It's only increasing the database and it makes a lot trouble with utf-8 and with reading each others languages.

I think that you got another problem somewhere else that causes your performance issue.

Comment

• K-mans
      • Sep 2006
      • 3.7.x

I am wondering if what happened was that VBSEO start going hog wild indexing pages for Google or something in the new language and that was chewing up processor cycles. I'm going to try it again under more controlled conditions and see what happens.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...