X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • braveheart
    • Dec 2007
    • 3.6.x

Dual languange forum

My forum is english version and I am thinking to add Chinese Version to my existing forum. I want both forum can be linked each other so that one account can have access to both forums. VB support team response my inquiry with a link to where I can find different language pack. As per their instruction, I downloaded chinese language pack for latest version 3.6.8 and then upload to my forum. In the beginning, my forum can not be displayed properly due to character issue. Later on, support team fix this problem by setting my forum to use UTF-8.
    But I have another issue after this. My intention is to have both English and Chinese version on my forum. There should be two interface and member can have access to both version. I realised that my english version forum has been converted to Chinese version. It seems that it has been replaced by Chinese version. Chinese language pack which is uploaded to the forum should be used to create a new language version instead of overwirting existing one.

I have made a few further inquiry about this issue to support team, however, no any response has been received from support team 3 days after this.

So I turn to address my issue here and wish I can get some help here.

Thanks in advance.

There must be some ways to make all this happen. Please give me your thoughts about this.
  • renep
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

When you upload and install a language pack as a new language, users will be able to choose from multiple languages. If this doesn't work for you, you've probably done something wrong.
    "The lurking suspicion that something could be simplified is the world's richest source of rewarding challenges"
    - Edsger Dijkstra

Comment