batch remove phrases that have become 'custom phrases' due to update?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • antiekeradio
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.6.x

batch remove phrases that have become 'custom phrases' due to update?

is there a way to batch delete phrases that have become 'custom phrases' because of a update of the software?

I am working on a language pack that i have adapted from a pack that was written for an old version (3.5.something); it contains quite a number of translated phrases which no longer exist in the master language.

I can identify them through the possibility to delete them from the phrase lists, but I don't want to delete them all on a one-by-one basis!!!! way too much effort..

is it possible to view the custom phrases, with a list of checkboxes, enabling you to select and delete the custom phrases that you want to throw away?
  • antiekeradio
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.6.x

PS what happened to the "Control Panel Stop Message" phrases? all of these seem to be redundant in my translation...

Comment

• peterska2
      • Oct 2003
      • 3.7.x

There is not a way to mass delete phrases.

Control Panel Stop Message phrases are now located in the Control Panel Global phrase group.

Comment

• antiekeradio
        • Jan 2006
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne
        There is not a way to mass delete phrases.
        thats a definate feature suggestion then.

thanks for the info.

Comment

• antiekeradio
          • Jan 2006
          • 3.6.x

going to version 3.7; the same problem appears, yet again.

this time it seems there are even more 'old' phrases that just clutter up my phrase manager.

starts to get pretty annoying there isn't even a way to list the "custom" phrases (ie phrases that do not correspond to a phrase in the default_language XML file.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...