X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • g0rdy
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.6.x

Translation tool for VB? Excel?

I'm an admin on my community and would like to have some translation work done but the translators are not admins nor would handing over admin rights be prudent!

So I have a community running and a translator does not have VB or admin access to VB how can I get the translator a list of items that need translating? Is there a means to export the entire language list into a spreadsheet that I can email the translator and then he can mark that spreadsheet up and email it back to me and then I import that into my VB?

Thanks-

Gordon
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

The language file is an XML file.

You can have a test board set up behind a htaccess file on your server, so you could set up a fresh installation test board by using a different table prefix in the config.php file and then give them access to that as they would not be able to affect your live board.

Or you can just send them the XML file but without something that will both read and write it correctly that wouldn't be too useful to either them or you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...