X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • barroca
    • Sep 2005
    • 3.6.x

master language, how to translate it?

I want to ask, how can I translate the master language file, directly in the code/xml file or is there any other way (easy/simple) to do this?
    When I use admincp the xml translated only contains the translated phrases.
    We are planning a team work to do the job of full translation. And we need split the full xml.
    But how we did this if the xml [partial language translated] only contains the phrases just translated?

Regards from Brazil
    Barroca
    Community vBulletin Brasil & Portugal
  • Omeka
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by barroca
    I want to ask, how can I translate the master language file, directly in the code/xml file or is there any other way (easy/simple) to do this?
    When I use admincp the xml translated only contains the translated phrases.
    We are planning a team work to do the job of full translation. And we need split the full xml.
    But how we did this if the xml [partial language translated] only contains the phrases just translated?

Regards from Brazil
    Barroca
    Hello
    You can make it with file XML or from the Admin Panel Home-->Languages and phrases-->Language Manager-->Edit/Traslate.
    https://traduzioni-italiane.it/

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Please please please! DO NOT! translate the master language file, it will only cause problems for other users. Please only use the language translation system that is provided.

Comment

• Omeka
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Zachery
        Please please please! DO NOT! translate the master language file, it will only cause problems for other users. Please only use the language translation system that is provided.
        Is clearly that I meant this. The question was generic.
        https://traduzioni-italiane.it/

Comment

• barroca
          • Sep 2005
          • 3.6.x

hello Zachery,
          ok - really i don't make this.
          but the question remains. how we can split a translation work?
          in 'new language', when I make the dowload of this partial version translated, i receive xml only with de phrases that we already translated. and no english phrases...
          the only way is by admincp?
          i don't believe this
          barroca

Comment

• renep
            • Aug 2005
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by barroca
            how we can split a translation work?
            Agree on who translates what phrase types.

the only way is by admincp?
            i don't believe this
            Why not? What seems to be the problem with the admincp?
            "The lurking suspicion that something could be simplified is the world's richest source of rewarding challenges"
            - Edsger Dijkstra

Comment

• barroca
              • Sep 2005
              • 3.6.x

how translated other forums/cms

hi renep,
              i don't have any 'problem' with admincp

but in other forums/cms write in php [ipb, xoops, joomla!, wpress, dokuwiki, zencart etc] write in php is commom exist files in 'language' directory.

in vB [the best forum in my opinion] the lang files is saved in xml, after "phrase name...etc".

the issue is if I create a new lang the exported xml only will contains the phrases just tranlated and not ALL phrases [translated or not].

see: if i have other translation and think to use this prhases, the only way is admin cp 'editing' phrase to phrase.

if we have another way to copy the phrases translated in other 'version' - a friend tranlated a section, for example: i imported the xml maked by this friend and....i need edit prhase to phrase to adjust my lang xml - our work is in better way.

just it.

barroca

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...