X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chousho
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.8.x

Question Regarding East Asian Encoding

I am thinking of doing a Japanese language XML for VB. However, other than translating, what else needs to be done? I have read that the characters must be in a certain encoding, but am not sure how to do that.

I would love to be able to display Chinese (traditional and simplified), Korean and Japanese all on the same page. Would this be possible with UTF-8? How would I go about with this?

Also, if anybody already has a Japanese or Korean translation that will work with 3.5, I'd be very happy to know.

Thanks for any help or suggestions! ^o^"d
  • ChrisLM2001
    • May 2003
    • 3.6.x

Now that would be interesting, since I haven't seen a Japanese language pack for vB yet (even though it's simplier than Chinese). Will it be in Kanji and possibly even Katakana?

Chris
    "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
    is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
    ~~~
    Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Chousho
      • Jan 2004
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ChrisLM2001
      Now that would be interesting, since I haven't seen a Japanese language pack for vB yet (even though it's simplier than Chinese). Will it be in Kanji and possibly even Katakana?

Chris
      Yes, it would be Kanji and kana (hiragana & katakana). I'm not sure what verb forms to use though. I'm thinking perhaps dictionary, but I am going to look into it a little more.

Any offers in help or ideas?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...