• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redlabour
    • Mar 2004
    • 3.8.x

VBHacks-Germany.de is coming !

Hi @all,

in the next Weeks we are starting the German vBulletin-Hack-Community as you can see here :

Our new URL will be : http://www.vbhacks-germany.de

Everybody how can speak German is invited to join us and help us to keep the whole vBulletin-Family together.

Everybody who want´s to get his english Language Hacks translated can contact us here.

See you ....
    Sure !
    53.85%
    Not yet !
    46.15%
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

As a personal thing, I have no real intentions of re-releasing my hacks outside of vBulletin.org and my own site. But thats just me and my hacks

Comment

• redlabour
      • Mar 2004
      • 3.8.x

@Zachery - can you tell me a reason please ?
      We just want to release "german" Translations and of course under your Name and to your Honour.

Sorry i can´t understand this Opinion - please give us Reasons.

And Zachery, vBXIrc was one of the first things i want to translate - because i love this Hack .... it makes me sad .... did you really wan´t to lost one of your biggest Fans ?

UPDATE :

Ohhh ....

License : GPL
      So vBXIrc can´t be under the Hacks you are not allowing us to translate and deliver it.
      Last edited by redlabour; Sun 13 Mar '05, 7:39am.

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Just a formality and nothing person, but this way I've let you know ..

No, I do not give you (or anybody) permission to translate or distribute my source code, graphic or template code resources. Not the ones I've made and released on this web site or any other web site.

No, I do not give you (or anybody) permission to translate or distribute any resource as released on the vBulletin Fan Web Site by me or anybody else. Contacting members in Email/PM through my web site(s) is considered as spam.

The reason for this is: Because it only increases piracy and simply because I do not want the files being distributed or translated.

If you want to translate them you can add the translated phrases (and phrases only!) as a .zip to the thread on the site they're released.

Note to users who do distribute my resources or resources from my site without permission or translate it without permission > I consider it piracy and report it as so.

Having this said, I apologize for sounding harsh, I just want to be clear. That is all. It is not personal and I support your idea of translating resources so more members can enjoy a resource.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by redlabour
          @Zachery - can you tell me a reason please ?
          We just want to release "german" Translations and of course under your Name and to your Honour.

Sorry i can´t understand this Opinion - please give us Reasons.

And Zachery, vBXIrc was one of the first things i want to translate - because i love this Hack .... it makes me sad .... did you really wan´t to lost one of your biggest Fans ?

UPDATE :

Ohhh ....

So vBXIrc can´t be under the Hacks you are not allowing us to translate and deliver it.
          Yes, pjirc is under the GPL, not my intergration however.

Comment

• redlabour
            • Mar 2004
            • 3.8.x

@Zachery - that is Piracy and is breaking all GPL Rules. Please read the GPL again.

@Floris - i respect this but this was a complete misunderstanding of what we are doing. Please read my whole Discription that maybe will change you Thinking at vbulletin.org.

Of course we are working together with vbulletin-germany and we are only starting to distributing Hacks form you or anybody else if we are connected to the License-Database. This will happen in the next few Weeks.

Please read it here : http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...2&postcount=27

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

I don't see how I am breaking the GPL but if you can clearify it for me please do so.

Comment

• eva01
                • Jan 2005

actually Zachery. if you do use a GPL code in something then i believe ALL code associated with it is covered with the GPL and if someone asks for the source then you HAVE to give it or it is breaking the GPL.

kind of why CherryOS is having the trouble that they are having now too

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

The gpl program in question is provided in whole. It is not modified in any way shape or form, I an not taking credit for the program itself, and all copyrights were left clearly intact.

The only thing I've done is made an intergration file, and template.

Comment

• eva01
                    • Jan 2005

time to download the hack and to do some research and legal thinking :/ where are my books damnit

personally i do not believe it breaks the GPL IF there are no changes at all to the source of the program, since in the GPL i see nothing about intergration
                    Last edited by eva01; Thu 17 Mar '05, 10:51pm.

Comment

• Floris
                      • Dec 2001

I said no and I won't change my mind.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...