How can I keep the admincp in English and translate everything else?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rlamego
    • Nov 2004

How can I keep the admincp in English and translate everything else?

Hi!
    Can someone explain me how can I translate ONLY the public part of the forums and keep the admincp in english?

The phrasetype names are not enough to distinguish between public and admin parts.

Thanks! =)
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Don't translate and phrase in the Control Panel phrase groups. This however will not help if you use a different character set or text direction. There is no built-in function to change those for the Admin CP.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• rlamego
      • Nov 2004

Thanks Steve! =)

Just to be sure, I should translate the english master language (vbulletin-language.xml in my install folder), right?
      Because when I try to download the language file in my admin area, I get a much smaller and completely different file.

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

No. Do not modify the .xml file itself.
        Login to the admin control panel as admin and modify the phrases through the phrase manager.

Comment

• rlamego
          • Nov 2004

Thanks Floris but I want to divide the translation work among several people. Not all of them are members of my board and even the ones that are, I don't want to give them admin access definitely.

Any other way?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

You can set up a private test forum for this.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• rlamego
              • Nov 2004

Believe it or not Steve, it's not practical. That would force them to be online to do it and most of them have very basic computer skills.
              My task force stopped in the early 1990's: dial-up connections and windows 95 =)

What's the problem of changing the xml file?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...