No announcement yet.

Arabic Language & UTF-8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a linux shell command that you'd need to execute over ssh on your server, in the folder where vbulletin-language.xml is located.
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Huang View Post
      That is a linux shell command that you'd need to execute over ssh on your server, in the folder where vbulletin-language.xml is located.

Please can you be more specific, i have no idea wer to execute it like you said over the ssh on my server, what do you mean by that, and where is the vbulletin-language.xml located, keeping in mind my installation is all default location.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra-J82 View Post
        Please can you be more specific, i have no idea wer to execute it like you said over the ssh on my server, what do you mean by that, and where is the vbulletin-language.xml located, keeping in mind my installation is all default location.

Thanks in advance.
        Download PuTTY, connect to your server, go to the appropriate directory, enter text. If you're on shared hosting, you might have to ask your host to allow you to SSH in.

Comment

Oh ok, but thanks
          I went to Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager -> Edit Settings For English like Steve said and change the HTML Charecter set from ISO to windows-1256, now Im able to view both languages with no corrupted charecters.

THanks anyway for help

Comment

just to make it clear for you
            it will hurt your database if it work with latin_sw... and you are using utf-8 on your board

you must first convert collection of database to utf-8 then you will just change it from admin cp to utf-8
            I did that on my forum

Comment

Is it possilbe to copy paste and save, then copy paste back via dreamweaver?

Comment

Good work

Comment

just type it in unix command line

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X