Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DougM
    • Jul 2004

Japanese - anyone else looking?

I am in need of a Japanese langauge pack for VB3 and almost started one from scratch today. Then I thought perhaps I should find out if anyone else has created one or would consider collaborating to create one.

So, anyone else up for a Japanese langauge pack or know of one?
  • Alex Apple
    • Jun 2004

It's something I could do with for my boards.

However, I have worse Japanese skills than a gurgling infant and sadly most of my active posters are the same... sorry.

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

Originally posted by DougM
      I am in need of a Japanese langauge pack for VB3 and almost started one from scratch today. Then I thought perhaps I should find out if anyone else has created one or would consider collaborating to create one.

So, anyone else up for a Japanese langauge pack or know of one?
      I haven't seen a .jp language pack yet (only chinese) - so I am very happy to hear you have started working on one. Once you have progressed quite a bit feel free to submit it in our vb3 download forum so we can review it and publish on your behalf for licensed members to download.

Comment

• Lenni
        • Aug 2004
        • 3.6.x

yes, i am in need for a japanese language pack too. i'd be very happy if you finish the one you once started.
        selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

• Selrahce
          • Sep 2001

ditto. I have people screaming at me to get/find/make one. Make = thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. get/find = no such luck yet

Comment

• a43079
            • Aug 2002
            • 3.5.x

I am in need of one aswell i let me know if you need helpi have a japanese friend i could ask to help.

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

If needed, I can setup a japanese language category on vBulletin-language.com so a few different people can work on it, hopefully that will speed things up. So if someone wants to get started or wants to help, just give me a privmsg.

Comment

• DougM
                • Jul 2004

Please do! I can put some work into it from time to time. I'm actually not sure what vBulletin-language.com is. I went to that URL and was redirected, but if it will somehow allow a collaboration then please do it.

Realizing I would never have time to complete this, I received a quotation from a translation company for about $0.12 USD per word. They have a Japanese translator who can handle bulletin board phrases like "sticky post". I estimated a cost of around $500. I will not be doing this too soon but it is an option.

Comment

• thomas1
                  • Sep 2001
                  • 3.8.x

Hi Doug,

we need a Japanese translation of vB within the next 6-7 weeks. We started our own translation, but also realised it would take too long to complete the job. We'd be willing to share in the cost of the project. Perhaps others would like to join in as well.

Comment

• Floris
                    • Dec 2001

I don't mind to start a new category and add users to help out, but I need 1 team leader that knows both english and japanese to overview the project, otherwise we only end up with a translation that isn't worth installing.

Comment

• Lenni
                      • Aug 2004
                      • 3.6.x

i think we who want a japanese language pack may have some users already who do speak japanese. i know that i got, just dont know if they would like to make that job. they have no license too. besides i would join in to share the price. since i am a student this would not be as much...
                      selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

• thomas1
                        • Sep 2001
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by rin
                        i think we who want a japanese language pack may have some users already who do speak japanese. i know that i got, just dont know if they would like to make that job. they have no license too. besides i would join in to share the price. since i am a student this would not be as much...
                        Vielen Dank fuer die Unterstuetzung, Rin!

I am just drumming up support from other Japan-related vB users. Would be great if we could boost this project by splitting the cost of translation.

Comment

• Floris
                          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by rin
                          What price? I have purchased the owned vBulletin license for vBulletin-language.com and I can setup a new .JP catagory and add a team leader, then the team leader can overview the translation project for that language, and add other users. The team leader is responsible for that team. I don't care if team members don't have a vB license, as long as the team leader has one. All the translation work is on a volenteer basis and team members + team leader will be credited in the install file for their work on the translation.

The japanese_translation.zip file will be distributed over vBulletin.com so licensed members can download it.

Comment

• nafooesi
                            • Jun 2006

Updates?

Is there any updates on this? There seem to be enough people wanting the Japanese language pack.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              Former Customer Support Manager
                              • Jul 2000

There is not going to be an official version any time soon. So unless someone voluntarily creates one, you may just need to do this yourself.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...