How to make Admin Control Panel Always read from 'English' regardless of other langs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ABLady
    • Apr 2002

How to make Admin Control Panel Always read from 'English' regardless of other langs?

I'm setting up a board that will have two languages. The 'English' part will only need to remain for Admin Control Panel. The second language will only be used for users, mods, and supper mods.

I don't what to waste time on translating the 'Admin Control Panel' since it should remain English.

Question:

1) What can I do so the Admin user will always see the Control Panel in English, but the actual board in the second language?

2) When translating, is there an easy way to tell which phrase and or translation is the 'end user' and which is the 'Admin Control Panel'?

I don't what to waste time on translating the 'Admin Control Panel' since it should remain English.

:cool: That which is obvious, needs no introduction. :cool:
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

1. At this time this would require modifying the code.

2. Look for Phrases in categories beginning with 'Control Panel'.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Lumina
      • Sep 2002
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by ABLady
      1) What can I do so the Admin user will always see the Control Panel in English, but the actual board in the second language?
      Create two accounts, one to browse the board, one to administer. In any case, you need to identify yourself when using the admin control panel, so you can switch account when it happens.
      Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
      Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
      Join the vBulletin French community social group!

Comment

• ABLady
        • Apr 2002

Thanks Steve. I'll see if I anyone has made a modification for this. Lord knows I don't have any clue how to write one.

-and-

Thanks Lumina, I just wish the creators of vb3 had taken this into consideration. Maybe in the future versions, there will be two sections, one for end-user and one for admin cp.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

You could just translate everything except:

2. Look for Phrases in categories beginning with 'Control Panel'.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ABLady
            • Apr 2002

Thanks Steve, I missed that part. Okay... that makes things much much much easier. And, now it makes sense. That just saved me a whole bunch of translation! Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...