Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Translating - find out where a phrase is used?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translating - find out where a phrase is used?

Hi.

I am working on a translation to Swedish, everything (I think) for the front end is done, but I still have some things to translate in the Admin CP.

However there is sometimes difficult to get a good translation when I can't find where the phrase is used. Translating a phrase out of content can get some really bad/funny results.

What do you guys, that have done translations, do to find out where a phrase is used?
    For the front end it is just to surch for the phrase name in templates and find out where it is used, but this is not possible with the Admin Cp (or is it??).

To get a good translation I need to get the context of the phrase.

/Anders
    Anders Pettersson
    Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
    If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
    Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

I used my text editor to search all files for the phrasename and then looked in the code to get the context.
    this is my sig

Comment

When you edit a phrase it will take you back to the phrase group in which you just edited.. and thats the best way to know where is that phrase.. wither that be under Global, Online etc etc.. so they are in groups
      To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
      My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
      CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
      Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X