Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed Languages...and now English is messed up on something

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Installed Languages...and now English is messed up on something

    Basically, I installed a few language packs. Didn't do anything to the English one. However, on the Welcome area for Private Messages it says:
    Private Messages: 0, Total 0.
    Why would it be doing that? And how can I fix it? I didn't change the phrase for "Unread" so don't know why it would be doing that all of a sudden. Thanks.

    I apologize if I asked this in the wrong forum...but thought people here would know best. Thanks again.

  • DeeperImage
    replied
    I have the same problem. I installed Spanish and Arabic, and in both I chose to CREATE NEW , not override English. Now I have the same thing you posted in usercp and also some thread titles get messed up IE:

    This is a new thread
    Thread is this new <=====Messed up thread title..

    Ps I also have those funky characters on the user menu in UserCP. I ran the tools script several times and still the same. Help..
    Last edited by DeeperImage; Wed 14th Jul '04, 7:51pm.

    Leave a comment:


  • marcjd
    replied
    I was able to fix it manually. I searched in my phrases and such and found that the variable name is unread_x_nav ....not simply unread I think most of my templates were using the latter. And it also messed up for Location. So I figured out what the variable is supposed to be, [location_perm] instead of simply [location] and fixed them accordingly. I don't think it should have messed with my English language pack, but it did somehow and created these problems. Perhaps it was because my templates were out-of-date or something. Anyway, it is fixed now as far as I know. It was only those two that I have found so far. Thanks again.

    Leave a comment:


  • marcjd
    replied
    I will give that a try but I know I didn't do anything to overwrite the English language pack. All I did was create new languages...didn't do a single thing to the English one and made sure of it. I will go ahead and try the fix though...although I have changed some of my phrases so this is going to be a nightmare.

    Thank you for the help.

    Leave a comment:


  • Steve Machol
    replied
    It sounds like you overwrote the English language pack on one of the installs. Try this. Upload the tools.php script in the 'extras' (or DO_NOT_UPLOAD) folder to your Admin CP directory.
    Use this to import the original language file, then immediately remove this script.

    Leave a comment:


  • marcjd
    replied
    The languages I installed are: Arabic, Dutch, Hebrew, and Norwegian. I deleted all of them to see if that would help and it didn't. Thanks.

    Leave a comment:

Related Topics

Collapse

Working...
X