Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed Languages...and now English is messed up on something

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Installed Languages...and now English is messed up on something

    Basically, I installed a few language packs. Didn't do anything to the English one. However, on the Welcome area for Private Messages it says:
    Private Messages: 0, Total 0.
    Why would it be doing that? And how can I fix it? I didn't change the phrase for "Unread" so don't know why it would be doing that all of a sudden. Thanks.

    I apologize if I asked this in the wrong forum...but thought people here would know best. Thanks again.
    Marc

    U.S. Politics Online

  • #2
    The languages I installed are: Arabic, Dutch, Hebrew, and Norwegian. I deleted all of them to see if that would help and it didn't. Thanks.
    Marc

    U.S. Politics Online

    Comment


    • #3
      It sounds like you overwrote the English language pack on one of the installs. Try this. Upload the tools.php script in the 'extras' (or DO_NOT_UPLOAD) folder to your Admin CP directory.
      Use this to import the original language file, then immediately remove this script.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

      Steve Machol Photography


      Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


      Comment


      • #4
        I will give that a try but I know I didn't do anything to overwrite the English language pack. All I did was create new languages...didn't do a single thing to the English one and made sure of it. I will go ahead and try the fix though...although I have changed some of my phrases so this is going to be a nightmare.

        Thank you for the help.
        Marc

        U.S. Politics Online

        Comment


        • #5
          I was able to fix it manually. I searched in my phrases and such and found that the variable name is unread_x_nav ....not simply unread I think most of my templates were using the latter. And it also messed up for Location. So I figured out what the variable is supposed to be, [location_perm] instead of simply [location] and fixed them accordingly. I don't think it should have messed with my English language pack, but it did somehow and created these problems. Perhaps it was because my templates were out-of-date or something. Anyway, it is fixed now as far as I know. It was only those two that I have found so far. Thanks again.
          Marc

          U.S. Politics Online

          Comment


          • #6
            I have the same problem. I installed Spanish and Arabic, and in both I chose to CREATE NEW , not override English. Now I have the same thing you posted in usercp and also some thread titles get messed up IE:

            This is a new thread
            Thread is this new <=====Messed up thread title..

            Ps I also have those funky characters on the user menu in UserCP. I ran the tools script several times and still the same. Help..
            Last edited by DeeperImage; Wed 14th Jul '04, 8:51pm.
            Cobbcountyforums.com

            Comment

            Loading...
            Working...
            X