This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Discussion] Dutch Language Pack

[Update]! This thread is now closed, it is outdated and a newer version of the language pack has been released here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182671 (Dutch 3.5.4)

Hey everybody

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106284

Here is the download thread for the dutch language pack.
    And please use this thread to discuss the language

Latest version: 1.0 build 004 (final) (released: 2nd of May, 2005)

This is the latest build for version 3.0.7 of vBulletin. The next release is probably version 1.1 for the next big version of vBulletin.
    Last edited by Floris; Wed 19th Apr '06, 7:34am.

There it is!

Hoi Floris,

Congratulations on this first release!

If I understand correctly then http://www.vBulletin-Netherlands.com/ has the most recent version of your language-pack active and we can make suggestions overhere on www.vbulletin.com in this thread or at http://www.vBulletin-Netherlands.com/ ?

Keep up the good work: I am waiting for almost 3 years now for a Dutch VB!
    How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you for the feedback.

Yes, when someone gives us feedback we update the vb-netherlands site. So it is live- & up to date.

If you have comments, feedback, or whatever, you can post that here or there.

Comment

Activation mail

In the Activation Mail the phrase 'Of' is part of the link:

<a href="http://www.vbulletin.nl/language/register.php?a=act&u=xx&i=xxxxxxxx">Of klik op deze link, als de bovenste niet werkt.</a>

But then again this is not a fault in the Dutch translation, because it also occurs in the default language:

<a href="<A href="http://www.xxx.nl/forum/register.php?a=act&u=1394&i=20296046">AOL">http://www.xxx.nl/forum/register.php?a=act&u=1394&i=20296046">AOL Users click Here to be Activated</a>

Just to let you know.
        Last edited by Grover; Thu 26th Aug '04, 6:59am.

Comment

Activation mail - continued.

The activation mail:

----------------------------------------
          Beste Grover,

Bedankt voor het registreren bij het vBulletin-Netherlands.com. Voordat we de registratie kunnen voltooien zal er nog een laatste stap gemaakt moeten worden.

Let op - je moet deze laatste stap doorlopen om je aanmelding te voltooien. Hiervoor dien je slechts een keer op de link hieronder te klikken.

Om de aanmelding te voltooien, klik dan op de volgende link:
          http://www.vbulletin.nl/language/register.php?a=act&u=xx&i=xxxxxxxx

<a href="<A href=http://www.vbulletin.nl/language/register.php?a=act&u=xx&i=xxxxxxxx>Of">http://www.vbulletin.nl/language/register.php?a=act&u=xx&i=xxxxxxxx">Of klik op deze link, als de bovenste niet werkt.</a>

**** Werkt de link voor het aanmelden niet? ****

Als de link voor het aanmelden niet werkt, ga dan naar:
          http://www.vbulletin.nl/language/register.php?a=ver

Er zal nu een gebruikersnaam en activatienummer ingevoerd moeten worden. Deze zijn hieronder te vinden.

Gebruikersnaam is: Grover
          Activatienummer is: xxxxxxxx

Mocht er hierna nog problemen voordoen bij het aanmelden, neem dan contact op met webmaster@vbulletin.nl

Bedankt voor de aanmelding,
          het vBulletin-Netherlands.com team

--------------------
          klik op onderstaande link om er voor te zorgen dat deze email niet meer verzonden wordt:
          http://www.vbulletin.nl/language/register.php?a=act&u=19&i=40348705

----------------------------------------

Since you have removed the 'AOL' statement, it becomes somewhat confusing now, because you have 2 instances (red and green) where you instruct users to click if the link does not work. And those alternative links are not the same, so where does a user have to click? I know a part of my users will find this confusing.

( Why do we need the...

<a href="<A href=http://www.vbulletin.nl/language/register.php?a=act&u=xx&i=xxxxxxxx>Of">http://www.vbulletin.nl/language/register.php?a=act&u=xx&i=xxxxxxxx">Of klik op deze link, als de bovenste niet werkt.</a>

... - part anyway if you run a (dutch) local website? In the Netherlands no-one is using AOL? But I understand that this has nothing to do with the translation in fact.)

Last edited by Floris; Wed 2nd Jun '04, 4:33am. Reason: [Done!]

Comment

FAQ screens

When I go to http://www.vbulletin.nl/language/faq.php? I see 2 buttons:

[Doorzoeken FAQ] [Velden Herstellen]

I don't know if it's technically possible because of the buttons, but it's more consistant and better readable if you use the verb in the same manner/position:

[Doorzoek FAQ] [Herstel Velden] of
            [FAQ Doorzoeken] [Velden Herstellen]

Just a minor thing, but the first thing I noticed when I visited your page.
            Last edited by Floris; Wed 2nd Jun '04, 4:34am. Reason: [Done!]

Comment

Logging out.

When I log out I see:

Systeem Bericht
              Alle cookies zijn weggehaald!
              Ga terug naar de pagina die je zojuist was aan het bekijken
              Ga naar forum index

The phrase 'weggehaald' sounds a little 'childish' (kinderachtig) if you know what I mean. Better is : 'verwijderd'.

The phrase 'Ga terug naar de pagina die je zojuist was aan het bekijken' is not correct Dutch. 'Ga terug naar de pagina die je zojuist aan het bekijken was' is better.
              Last edited by Floris; Wed 2nd Jun '04, 4:35am. Reason: [Done!]

Comment

The use of 'U' and 'Je'.

The guests-screen:

Welkom op de vBulletin-Netherlands.com.
                Als dit je eerste bezoek is, bekijk dan de Veel gestelde vragen door het klikken op bovenstaande link. Het is mogelijk dat u moet registreren voor je kan posten: klik op registreer op bovenstaande link om door tegaan. Om berichten te bekijken, selecteer het forum dat je wilt bezoeken uit de onderstaande selectie.
                It's just not only this guests-screen, but throughout the whole translation you sometimes use 'U' instead of 'Je'. I think it's best to be CONSISTENT in this : just use 'U' OR 'Je', but not both. Personally I absolutely prefer 'Je' for my forums, but I can understand that there are sites that prefer 'U', so how is this handled actually inside VB3 itself? Hopefully the default dutch translation will use 'Je' throughout the whole pack.
                Last edited by Floris; Wed 2nd Jun '04, 4:40am. Reason: [Done!]

Comment

Calendar day's

The first thing I noticed when I saw the Calendar was this:

Zon Maan Dins Woens Donder Vrij Zater

I think these look kind of odd. These are not familiar abbreviations I guess. More appropiate is this:

Zo Ma Di Wo Do Vr Za

or this

Zondag Maandag Dinsdag Woensdag Donderdag Vrijdag Zaterdag

Comment

Originally posted by Grover
                    In the Activation Mail the phrase 'Of' is part of the link:

<a href="http://www.vbulletin.nl/language/register.php?a=act&u=xx&i=xxxxxxxx">Of klik op deze link, als de bovenste niet werkt.</a>

But then again this is not a fault in the Dutch translation, because it also occurs in the default language:

<a href="http://www.XXX.nl/forum/register.php?a=act&u=1394&i=20296046">AOL Users click Here to be Activated</a>

Just to let you know.
                    phrase: activateaccount

MASTER
                    Code:
                    Dear $username,
                    Thank you for registering for the $vboptions[bbtitle] forums. Before we can activate your account one last step must be taken to complete your registration!
                    Please note - you must complete this last step to become a registered member. You will only need to click on the link once, and your account will be updated.
                    To complete your registration, click on the link below: 
                    $vboptions[bburl]/register.php?a=act&u=$userid&i=$activateid 
                    <a href="$vboptions[bburl]/register.php?a=act&u=$userid&i=$activateid">AOL Users click Here to be Activated</a>
                    **** Does The Above Link Not Work? ****
                    If the above link does not work, please use your Web browser to go to:
                    $vboptions[bburl]/register.php?a=ver 
                    Please to be sure not to add extra spaces. You will need to type in your username and activation number on the page that appears when you click on our copy the above link in your browser. 
                    Your Username is: $username
                    Your Activation ID is: $activateid

If you are still having problems signing up please contact a member of our support staff at $vboptions[webmasteremail]
                    Thanks very much,
                    $vboptions[bbtitle] team

--------------------
                    To stop receiving this email, please click here:
                    DUTCH
                    Code:
                    Beste $username,
                    Bedankt voor het registreren bij het $vboptions[bbtitle]. Voordat we de registratie kunnen voltooien zal er nog een laatste stap gemaakt moeten worden.
                    Let op - je moet deze laatste stap doorlopen om je aanmelding te voltooien. Hiervoor dien je slechts een keer op de link hieronder te klikken.
                    Om de aanmelding te voltooien, klik dan op de volgende link: 
                    <a href="$vboptions[bburl]/register.php?a=act&u=$userid&i=$activateid">Of klik op deze link, als de bovenste niet werkt.</a>

**** Werkt de link voor het aanmelden niet? ****
                    Als de link voor het aanmelden niet werkt, ga dan naar:
                    $vboptions[bburl]/register.php?a=ver 
                    Er zal nu een gebruikersnaam en activatienummer ingevoerd moeten worden. Deze zijn hieronder te vinden.

Gebruikersnaam is: $username
                    Activatienummer is: $activateid

Mocht er hierna nog problemen voordoen bij het aanmelden, neem dan contact op met $vboptions[webmasteremail]

Bedankt voor de aanmelding,
                    het $vboptions[bbtitle] team

--------------------
                    klik op onderstaande link om er voor te zorgen dat deze email niet meer verzonden wordt:
                    Ik heb deze gekregen via merge met andere .xml file volgens mij. Dus loop hem maar even door en doe een voorstel, dan meen ik die mee voor build 002.

Ik wil nog wel even melden dat de code die jij als probleem ziet :

Code:
                    <a href="$vboptions[bburl]/register.php?a=act&u=$userid&i=$activateid">Of klik op deze link, als de bovenste niet werkt.</a>
                    Er gewoon goed uitziet, ik zie hier niet een fout in. Als hij in je e-mail programma het woord 'OF' ook linkt, dan is het jouw e-mail programma en niet een fout in de phrase volgens mij.
                    Last edited by Floris; Thu 26th Aug '04, 7:07am.

Comment

When I go to http://www.vbulletin.nl/language/faq.php? I see 2 buttons:

[Doorzoeken FAQ] [Velden Herstellen]

I don't know if it's technically possible because of the buttons, but it's more consistant and better readable if you use the verb in the same manner/position:

[Doorzoek FAQ] [Herstel Velden] of
                      [FAQ Doorzoeken] [Velden Herstellen]

Just a minor thing, but the first thing I noticed when I visited your page.
                      Ik ben het wel met je eens. Het is soms lastig om een phrase die je tegenkomt ook in context te controleren. In principe ben ik al blij als we eerst alles vertaald hebben

Dit soort feedback is erg handig! Bedankt.

Ik ga voor [FAQ Doorzoeken] [Velden Herstellen] - dit klinkt natuurlijker en leest prettiger.

\[edit]
                      Aangepast voor build 002

Comment

When I log out I see:

The phrase 'weggehaald' sounds a little 'childish' (kinderachtig) if you know what I mean. Better is : 'verwijderd'.

The phrase 'Ga terug naar de pagina die je zojuist was aan het bekijken' is not correct Dutch. 'Ga terug naar de pagina die je zojuist aan het bekijken was' is better.
                        Bedankt

Aangepast voor build 002.

Comment

The guests-screen:

It's just not only this guests-screen, but throughout the whole translation you sometimes use 'U' instead of 'Je'. I think it's best to be CONSISTENT in this : just use 'U' OR 'Je', but not both. Personally I absolutely prefer 'Je' for my forums, but I can understand that there are sites that prefer 'U', so how is this handled actually inside VB3 itself? Hopefully the default dutch translation will use 'Je' throughout the whole pack.
                          One of our translators agree with 'je' (roy i think) and I agree with this too. A few others probably prefer U. Right now, I think we can stick to 'je' and try to replace the 'u' occurances with 'je' as much as possible for build 002. Maybe when we hit a full 100% translated language pack some time this year, we can make 2 releases, a U and JE version. For now, let's process the U into JE for the build 002

Comment

The guests-screen:

Voor build 002 is dit nu: (tenzij je correctie hierop wilt)

Code:
                            Als dit je eerste bezoek is, neem dan de <a href="{1}"><strong>Veel Gestelde Vragen</strong></a> even door, zie bovenstaande (FAQ) link.
                            Het is mogelijk dat je moet <a href="{2}"><strong>registreren</strong></a> voor je kan posten: klik op registreer op bovenstaande link om door te gaan.
                            Om berichten te bekijken, selecteer het forum dat je wilt bezoeken uit de onderstaande selectie.

Comment

Great progress.

Originally posted by Floris
                              Ik ben het wel met je eens. Het is soms lastig om een phrase die je tegenkomt ook in context te controleren. In principe ben ik al blij als we eerst alles vertaald hebben

Dit soort feedback is erg handig! Bedankt.

Ik ga voor [FAQ Doorzoeken] [Velden Herstellen] - dit klinkt natuurlijker en leest prettiger.

\[edit]
                              Aangepast voor build 002
                              Thanks, I am glad to make suggestions to improve the dutch language pack! (Don't know if I should talk dutch or 'english' here... )

I have to say... I saw the very first versions of the dutch language on vbulletin.nl and.... it had room for improvement. A big room... But you guys have made GREAT progress with this 1.0 build 001 version : really a big improvement! When it is finished I will be very glad to be able to use it on my dutch site. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                              X