vBulletin 4.1.11 CDN Support

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Freddie Bingham
    started a blog post vBulletin 4.1.11 CDN Support

vBulletin 4.1.11 CDN Support

With the release of vBulletin 4.1.11, we have added remote CDN fall over support for the YUI and jQuery JavaScript libraries. You have had the option to load YUI from either Google or Yahoo for a while now in vBulletin, not you can now also load jQuery remotely.

In the Server Settings and Optimization Options section of the vBulletin Admin Control Panel settings, you will find five options that relate to the new functionality.

The YUI library has three options that control how the library is loaded.
    1. Use Remote YUI
      This is an unchanged existing option. When set to either Google or Yahoo, the YUI files will be loaded remotely which may speed up load times if your users already have the files cached.
    2. Custom Remote YUI Path
      This is a new option that is not likely to be used but you may specify a remote CDN here if Google and Yahoo do not satisfy your needs.
    3. Custom Remote YUI Combo Path
      This is a new option that is not likely to be used but you may specify a remote CDN here if Google and Yahoo do not satisfy your needs. At times, we request multiple YUI files to be sent as one file which is handled by the setting.

The jQuery library has two options that control how the library is loaded.
    1. Use Remote jQuery
      This is a new option that allows you to choose whether to load jQUery from a remote CDN or from your own server. When set to Google, jQuery, or Microsoft, the jQuery files will be loaded remotely which may speed up load times if your users already have the files cached.
    2. Custom Remote jQuery Path
      This is a new option that is not likely to be used but you may specify a remote CDN here if Google, jQuery, and Microsoft do not satisfy your needs.

When YUI and jQuery are being loaded from a remote CDN, local fallover is now supported. In the unlikely event that the remote CDN is not reachable, the library will be loaded from your server. This happens on a page by page basis.

• Sebastiano Vassellatti
      Sebastiano Vassellatti commented
      Editing a comment
      Which exploit are you talking about?

• johnarce
      johnarce commented
      Editing a comment
      So can I use this for maxcdn?

Thanks!

• Oracle simsim
      Oracle simsim commented
      Editing a comment
      I am really good customer so Please somebody answer me

I didn't find ANY page in vbulletin 4.1.12 request for jQuery library . Even I have done search in templates for 'jquery' with no luck?

vbulletin seems depend totally on YUI until now though I have found jquery-1.6.4.min.js in clientscript folder.
    Posting comments is disabled.