Mac OS Opera Users directed to vBulletin mobile skin instead of full skin...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sross
    • Mar 2004

[Forum] Mac OS Opera Users directed to vBulletin mobile skin instead of full skin...

After implementing my mobile skin, I've been flooded with complaints from Mac Opera users. They go straight to the mobile site. Even clicking "Full Site" does not work. They only thing that works is:

"under Opera - quick preferences - Edit Site preferences - Network : then switch Browser Identification to "Identify as Internet Explorer"

Is there a way to fix this other than requiring the user to reconfig their browser? Thanks
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

How about a link to your site so I can try it?

Also, have you done all the basics of troubleshooting - disabled plugins, vbseo, made sure a totally default style is the default style on the site, made sure all files are unmodified?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• sross
      • Mar 2004

sorry, site is here: http://bit.ly/2wu5J

I have no way to test as I don't have a mac. So disabling plugins and everything else on a big board is unlikely. All works fine it seems except for this one browser type on one OS. But I understand it could be something on my site causing it, just seems odd that nothing else is affected.

Thanks

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

I'm on a mac and I just went to your site using Chrome and I have no problem viewing your site. How many of your users are complaining about this? And are they logged in when they have the problem or just coming to the site as an unlogged user?

edit: whoops, you said Opera... just a sec.

edit again: very interesting. Yep, I had the same problem. Since you don't have a default style available for me to choose, I can't see if this happens with a totally default style on the site.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• sross
          • Mar 2004

The guys on Opera say they had no issues, then I implemented mobile style the other day and that's when it started. That indicates it started with the mobile style implementation. What happens when you use Mac opera to go to vbulletin.com mobile style? Does it work as expected? Thanks

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Hmmm, if I go to vbulletin.com using Opera, I am getting the mobile style. Funny that I haven't seen this mentioned before - I guess not many users here use Opera on a Mac. :/

I've created a bug report - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-13732

Comment

• sross
              • Mar 2004

Thanks Lynne, maybe it's as simple as adding a line somewhere in the auto detect function. I'll keep an eye out for the fix or temporary work around.

Comment

• Maurd
                • Jun 2011
                • 4.1.x

I seem to be able to get the full site w/o issue when clicking the "Full Site" link..

As I commented in that tracker item, it looks like it's because vB's using only the term 'oper' when identifying Opera Mobile/Mini and the Desktop is getting caught since, well, it (rightly) identifies as Opera too.
                - Maurice Workin' in the Jira mine, goin' down, down, down

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

I couldn't sworn I did a search before posting the bug. It looks like mine is a duplicate. Here is the report here and there is a fix provided - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-11220

Comment

• sross
                    • Mar 2004

Good to see, however I am unsure how to apply such a patch. Is there a non linux/command line way to do this? Thanks

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Aug 2002
                      • 5.7.X

This might help:

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...