Posts out of order - time stamps problem?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedTrinity
    • Apr 2008
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Posts out of order - time stamps problem?

We're currently using VB 4.1.4, and this afternoon a problem was noticed by members and reported to me. In some threads on the forum, posts are not being time stamped correctly, thus listing them all out of order. It only seems to be a recent issue, with recent posts made (in random threads) being affected - only 2 threads sofar have been found to have the issue, whilst others have new posts which seem to be in normal listed order.

One example is a thread that has 6 posts, this is how they are listed time-wise from top of the thread to bottom:

Post #1 - Today 01:27 PM
    Post #2 - Today 01:45 PM
    Post #3 - Today 01:53 PM
    Post #4 - Today 02:16 PM
    Post #5 (Original post) - Today 07:25 PM
    Post #6 - Today 07:33 PM

It is currently 3.25pm here in QLD (our board is made up of all Aussie members, so give or take a couple of hours depending on their state) so there should be NO posts made as late as 7pm yet. As you can also see, the original post is listed 2nd last in the thread, instead of being the first.

This is the first time this problem has ever occurred. I upgraded our forum to the latest version last week. I'd appreciate some advice on what would be causing this problem, and how to fix it?
    Last edited by RedTrinity; Tue 28 Jun '11, 9:30pm.
    http://www.theparentsanctuary.net - Free to use Australian parenting forum providing advice, support, friendship, competitions and more to parents and parents-to-be.
  • Sean James
    • Apr 2004

Have you tested this after disabling plugins globally?
    Maybe you have a plugin that needs updating
    Bluepearl Skins - vBulletin 4 & 5 Skins

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Are you 100% positive that the server time did not go wonky at any point?

Comment

• RedTrinity
        • Apr 2008
        • 4.1.x

Zach, no I'm not, sorry... how would I be able to check this?
        http://www.theparentsanctuary.net - Free to use Australian parenting forum providing advice, support, friendship, competitions and more to parents and parents-to-be.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

No real way to check if it was fixed, but that is normally the cause when a servers time gets off the real time.

Comment

• RedTrinity
            • Apr 2008
            • 4.1.x

Ok, so obviously not a board/software fault, then. Thank you for the clarification!! Will let members know

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...