X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbirosel
    • Feb 2007
    • 3.6.x

ForumDisplay Help

After what piece of code did they add after to have those dropdowns appear there?

Here is the code that i want to add:

Code:
    <td class="alt1">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" border="0">
    		<tr>
    			<td><select name="sort">
    				<option value="title" $sort[title]>$vbphrase[thread_title]</option>
    				<option value="lastpost" $sort[lastpost]>$vbphrase[last_post_time]</option>
    				<option value="dateline" $sort[dateline]>$vbphrase[thread_start_time]</option>
    				<option value="replycount" $sort[replycount]>$vbphrase[number_of_replies]</option>
    				<option value="views" $sort[views]>$vbphrase[number_of_views]</option>
    				<option value="postusername" $sort[postusername]>$vbphrase[thread_starter]</option>
    				<if condition="$show['threadratings']"><option value="voteavg" $sort[voteavg]>$vbphrase[thread_rating]</option></if>
    			</select>&nbsp;</td>
    			<td><select name="order">
    				<option value="asc" $order[asc]>$vbphrase[ascending]</option>
    				<option value="desc" $order[desc]>$vbphrase[descending]</option>
    			</select>&nbsp;</td>
    			<td><select name="daysprune">
    				<option value="1" $daysprunesel[1]>$vbphrase[last_day]</option>
    				<option value="2" $daysprunesel[2]>$vbphrase[last_2_days]</option>
    				<option value="7" $daysprunesel[7]>$vbphrase[last_week]</option>
    				<option value="10" $daysprunesel[10]>$vbphrase[last_10_days]</option>
    				<option value="14" $daysprunesel[14]>$vbphrase[last_2_weeks]</option>
    				<option value="30" $daysprunesel[30]>$vbphrase[last_month]</option>
    				<option value="45" $daysprunesel[45]>$vbphrase[last_45_days]</option>
    				<option value="60" $daysprunesel[60]>$vbphrase[last_2_months]</option>
    				<option value="75" $daysprunesel[75]>$vbphrase[last_75_days]</option>
    				<option value="100" $daysprunesel[100]>$vbphrase[last_100_days]</option>
    				<option value="365" $daysprunesel[365]>$vbphrase[last_year]</option>
    				<option value="-1" $daysprunesel[all]>$vbphrase[beginning]</option>
    			</select>&nbsp;</td>
    		<td colspan="2" align="$stylevar[right]"><input type="submit" class="button" value="$vbphrase[show_threads]" /></td>
    		</tr>
    		</table>

</td>
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

You can get that over at www.vBulletin.org, it is 'Thread Prefixes' by Mystics

Comment

• dbirosel
      • Feb 2007
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
      You can get that over at www.vBulletin.org, it is 'Thread Prefixes' by Mystics
      Yes i know. I have that mod installed long time ago. I didn't ask what mod is it, but i asked for help in that piece of code that i posted. I need someone to help me edit it for me.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
        • Feb 2005
        • 1.1.x

Pardon me for asking, why would you be asking here for support to edit modifiction?

You can see that it would be after '$announcebits' code just by looking at image.

Comment

• dbirosel
          • Feb 2007
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
          Pardon me for asking, why would you be asking here for support to edit modifiction?

You can see that it would be after '$announcebits' code just by looking at image.
          I tried copying/paste the piece of code many times, and my layout gets messed up.

Comment

• kira
            • Aug 2002

Hi dbirosel. If you're looking to create a similar layout to vbulletin.org (moving the dropdown forum search stuff to the top while keeping the active visitors at the bottom), it'll take a lot more than moving the code snippet you showed above. That isn't the complete code; it's no wonder your forumdisplay layout was messed up if that's all you moved! You're missing a couple of rows and the FORM functions, to start with. (Without the FORM code, the search won't work.)

I took some time and reworked a test page on my site to see how we can get this working for you. My question is, other than the prefix modification, have you added any other template modifications in your forumdisplay template?

(Also: what version of vb are you using?)
            Kira

EpiGuide: Web Entertainment Forums - vB Board of the Month, Aug 2007
            About Schuyler Falls, an Original Drama | Falling Sky Designs

Comment

• dbirosel
              • Feb 2007
              • 3.6.x

version 3.6.7

Code:
              Activity Modification	2.80	Tracks user activity	  
              Catagory Icons	1.0.1	Allows you to set custom catagory icons for certain forums.	  
              Collapsable First Post using AJAX	1.2.1	Adds a collapsable first post preview using AJAX for each thread on FORUMDISPLAY, search_results and USERCP_SHELL.	  
              cpSuperMenu	1.2.1	Customize the admincp menu	  
              Cyb - Advanced Forum Statistics	5.4	Cyb - Advanced Forum Statistics	  
              Cyb - PayPal Donate	3.9	Cyb - PayPal Donate	  
              Cyb - PM System Enhancements	1.4	Cyb - PM System Enhancements	  
              Cyb - Sub-Forum Manager	2.4	Cyb - Sub-Forum Manager	  
              EWT - Forum Hit Counter	1.0.1	Tracks The Number Of Forum Views	  
              EWT - Thread Description	2.0	Adds a description to threads and adds a separate column for thread author.	  
              Forum Sponsor	1.0.0	Allows you to add a sponsor to a specific forum.	  
              GARS	2.1.5	Geek Article and Review System	  
              GTMember List Online Status	1.0.1	Adds online status to member list	  
              GTPrivate Messages Enhanced Listing	1.0.0	Modifies private messages listing display	  
              Guest Tracking	1.16	Track Guest Visits	  
              HITCounter	1.3	Link Forum Hit Counter	  
              Inferno vBShout	1.0.1 Lite	Real time shoutbox	  
              iTrader	2.0.1	Trader Feedback System	  
              iTrader Extension	1.0.0	Expand iTrader's abilities and include a homepage, a search option, ability to look for customers, and more!	  
              Members who have visited the forum	4.41	Display members who have visited the forum.	  
              Moderation Auto-PM	2.0.1	Automaticly PMs a user when their thread is moderated	  
              nCode Image Resizer	1.0.1	Automatically resize posted images	  
              NoSpam!	3.0	NoSpam! allows you to specify a set of questions which members are required to answer correctly at registration, eliminating the ability of spam bots to register at your forums and post unwanted messages.	  
              PhotoPlog Pro	2.1.3	PhotoPlog: The Pro Gallery	  
              Post Thank You Hack	6.2	Post Thank You Hack	  
              Prevent Doubleposts	1.0	This Modification prevents doubleposts by merging post together, if the last poster of a thread tries to post again.	  
              Quick News	2.0.0	Shows a quick box of news under your navagation bar.	  
              Quick Reply Add On.	3.6.x	Add On Editor Tools for Quickreply.	  
              Rules and User Agreement Hack	1.1.5	Agreement Rules Systems	  
              Separate Sticky and Normal Threads	1.0.5	Separate Sticky and Normal Threads	  
              Show Itrader In Profile	1.00	This product allows you to show a user's itrader info in his/her profile.	  
              Smilies in Quickreply	3.6.x	Show Smilies in Quickreply.	  
              Song List	1.0.0	Creates a manageable list of songs and their peak frequencies.	  
              Support Forum	1.0	Modifies forums to act like support tickets.	  
              Tab Menus	1.0	Tab Menus 4 forums home, navbar and more...	  
              Template Hook Fix for vb 3.6.7	1.0	This fix is for only vb 3.6.7. vB will have it officially fixed in their next release (according to them).	  
              Thread Prefixes	1.6.1	This product allows your users to choose a thread prefix for each thread which will be displayed in front of the thread title.	  
              Thread Stencil	1.3	This hack will let you predefine messages for creating new threads in the forums of your choice.	  
              vBadvanced CMPS	2.2.1 (vB 3.6)	vBadvanced Content Management & Portal System	  
              vBLightbox	1.02	This modification integrates the Lightbox v 2.02 modification by Lokesh Dhakar - http://www.huddletogether.com into vBulletin	  
              vBMicroStats	1.1.0	vBulletin MicroStats	  
              vBPicGallery	10.0.3	A lightweight photo gallery by noppid.	  
              vBSEO	3.0.0	vBulletin SEO	  
              vBSEO :: Sitemap Generator	2.0	Generate a Google & Yahoo Sitemap for your Forums	  
              Visit Statistics - Alpha Version	1.1	Visit counter for vBulletin	  
              Welcome Headers	4.1.3	Boost registration and activity rates with more visible guest welcome and member status messages.	  
              Wired1's Extra Profile Field Page	2.1.0	This hack lets you separate profile fields from the Edit Options page and place them into their own page.	  
              Yet Another Mass Private Message System	1.0.1	Allow Admin to send mass Private Message to users	  
              ZH - Sticky Thread Mark-Up	1.0.2	Choose the display color for sticky threads	  
              [Sniper] - Mood Manager	1.2.4	Allows users to manage there mood

Have to leave, ill be back soon!! do u have AIM or MSN or YAHOO?

Thanks man!!
              -Dante

Comment

• kira
                • Aug 2002

Yowsa, that's a lot of mods there, and I do see that some of them probably affect the forumdisplay template. In your case I think it'll be best if you send me a text file of your forumdisplay template so I can look it over. I don't have AIM, but I'll PM you with my email address. That okay?
                Kira

Comment

• kira
                  • Aug 2002

I just wanted to update that I was able to make the necessary changes to Dante's forum. For those who'd like to duplicate this on their forums, I've added it as a template modification over at vbulletin.org.
                  Kira

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...