Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRGTB
    • May 2005

ImageMagik and WAMP

Does anybody know how to install ImageMagik so it works with WAMP running on Windows XP
  • MRGTB
    • May 2005

Doesn't matter I have got it working in WAMP. If anybody wants to know how I'll post it here

Comment

• mihai11
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.6.x

Yes, please do so. I just installed ImageMagik but it doesn't seem to work.

I am also using WAMP.

Comment

• MRGTB
        • May 2005

First of all download this for Windows: http://www.imagemagick.org/download/...indows-dll.exe

Here is the link to the page were the file is downloaded from:

During the install, change the location to install it to this: C:\imagemagick

When you get to the screen were it asks want you want to install. You can tick all the boxes except the one called "Install PerlMagick for ActiveState Perl v5.8.8 build 819". For some reason that gives an "error" during the install for that part if I choose to install it, it might not for you though (let me know if you choose to install that and it doesn't give an error). It's not needed anyway for it to work. Once the install is complete.

In the WAMP menu choose: PHP Settings/PHP Extentions/Add Extention

In the DOS box add this and press the enter key as intruction in it to add that command to the PHP extentions list to activate like the GD2 one that already there to use with vBulletin(it should be already ativated once added):
        php_imagick.dll

Then in your vBulletin options, enter this path for imagemagick:
        C:\imagemagick\

thats it, ImageMagick should be working for you now
        Last edited by MRGTB; Sat 16 Dec '06, 2:39pm.

Comment

• mihai11
          • Dec 2005
          • 3.6.x

I did everything like you except that I installed in:

Code:
           C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.3.1-Q16\
          Maybe this is why it's not working. I will reinstall tomorrow.

When you get to the screen were it asks want you want to install. You can tick all the boxes except the one called "Install PerlMagick for ActiveState Perl v5.8.8 build 819". For some reason that gives an "error" during the install for that part if I choose to install it, it might not for you though (let me know if you choose to install that and it doesn't give an error). It's not needed anyway for it to work. Once the install is complete.
          The same here: it gives me an error too.

In the DOS box add this and press the enter key as intruction in it:
          php_imagick.dll
          Did you also specified the path to this DLL ?

Thanks for your instructions. After I will reinstall I will post the results here.

Comment

• MRGTB
            • May 2005

yes, I did that and it didn't work for me either. Thats why I said install it instead to C:\imagemagick

You don't have to give a path to your last question. Just follow my first post to the letter and it should work

Comment

• mihai11
              • Dec 2005
              • 3.6.x

What about the DLL ? Did you specified the path also ?

Comment

• MRGTB
                • May 2005

Your not asked and you don't have too enter a path. The only path you use is in the vBulletin settings for imagemagick were you enter were it was installed too. C:\imagemagick\

Go into ADD AND REMOVE programs in Windows, remove it, then re-install again

Comment

• mihai11
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by MRGTB
                  Your not asked and you don't have too enter a path. The only path you use is in the vBulletin settings for imagemagick were you enter were it was installed too. C:\imagemagick\

I don't fully understand how this is working. I did not put the DLL in path, nor I specified the path to it when requested.

Maybe this information is in the registry.

Comment

• MRGTB
                    • May 2005

I don't understand what you asking, you add a new PHP extention to WAMP by following this part in my first post:

You will be shown a DOS box add this: php_imagick.dll

Comment

• mihai11
                      • Dec 2005
                      • 3.6.x

Since you've told me so, I did it and it's working !!

Comment

• mihai11
                        • Dec 2005
                        • 3.6.x

I don't understand what you asking, you add a new PHP extention to WAMP by following this part in my first post:

I was just wondering how PHP finds the right DLL only by name.

Comment

• MRGTB
                          • May 2005

I'm not sure, I guess becuase you have imagemagick installed on your PC it just detects it some how, But you don't have to enter a path to lead it at all, other than the one you add to vBulletin settings to lead to were imagemagick is installed.

Comment

• LeatherNeck
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 3.6.x

First of all download this for Windows: http://www.imagemagick.org/download/...indows-dll.exe

Here is the link to the page were the file is downloaded from:

During the install, change the location to install it to this: C:\imagemagick

In the DOS box add this and press the enter key as intruction in it to add that command to the PHP extentions list to activate like the GD2 one that already there to use with vBulletin(it should be already ativated once added):
                            php_imagick.dll

thats it, ImageMagick should be working for you now
                            I was having the same problem - after tearing my hair out for an hour i came across this thread - THANKYOU

Comment

• Tallrod
                              • Jan 2008

More information needed

Can you please give more instructions on what these three lines mean and how to go about completing them.

php_imagick.dll

So what is WAMP menu and how do I access it.
                              What is vBulletin options.

Cheers
                              Tallrod

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...