Here you can setup the behaviours for the CSS file (store as file), Popup menus (hide or show) and postbit (new or legacy).
- Default Language - Set the default language for your forums. This language will be used for all guests, and any members who have not expressed a language preference in their options.
- Default Style - Set the default style for your forums. This style will be used for all guests, and any members who have not expressed a style preference in their options, or are attempting to use a style that does not exist or is forbidden.
- Allow Users To Change Styles - This allows users to set their preferred style set on registration or when editing their option. Setting this to 'No' disables that option and will force them to use whatever style has been specified.
- Location of clear.gif - Please enter the path of your clear.gif image, relative to your forum directory. By default, the value of this setting is 'clear.gif', meaning that the image is located in the base directory of your vBulletin installation (in the same folder as forumdisplay.php).
This URL must be relative, NOT beginning with 'http://'.
- Store CSS Stylesheets as Files? - If you would like to store the CSS stylesheet for each style as a file, you must ensure that you have a directory called 'vbulletin_css' inside the 'clientscript' folder, and that the web server has permission to write and delete files within that directory.
- Use 'vBMenu' DHTML Popup Menus? - Use dynamic HTML popup menus to reduce screen clutter if user's browser is capable? Please note that disabling this option will also disable some AJAX features, such as user name suggestion.
- Use Legacy (Vertical) Postbit Template - If you prefer the old-style postbit, using two vertical columns rather than the new horizontal layout, you can switch back to using that template with this switch. Please note that if you enable this option and wish to customize the template, you should edit the 'postbit_legacy' template rather than the 'postbit'.
- Show Instant Messaging Program Icons
Setting this option to yes will show the images for ICQ, AIM, MSN, and Yahoo! Messenger if the user has entered the correct information in his/her profile. These links are shown in various places through out the forum, on posts, who's online, memberlist, profile, etc. When set to no the information will be displayed in their profile in the form of text.
- Use SkypeWeb Graphics
If set to 'Yes', load Skype™ icon from the SkypeWeb server in order to show users' online status, otherwise use local (static) graphic.
If set to 'Language Specific', graphics in the language being used by the visiting user will be loaded.