User Profile Field Manager
The User Profile Field Manager panel allows you to manage and modify existing profile fields on the User Profile form.
The table displays the Title, Options, Name, Display Order and links to modify the fields in the User Profile form.
- The Title column displays the text entered into the Title field in the Add New User Profile Field form.
- The Options column displays any of the following options that are active for the field:
- Required - If the field is set as any of the yes options in the Field Required field on the in the Add New User Profile Field form.
- Editable - If the field is set to Yes in the Field Editable by User field on the in the Add New User Profile Field form.
- Private - If the field is set to Yes in the Private Field radio button option on the in the Add New User Profile Field form.
- Searchable - If the field is set to Yes in the Field Searchable on Members List radio button option on the in the Add New User Profile Field form.
- Member List - If the field is set to Yes in the Show on Members List radio button option on the in the Add New User Profile Field form.
- The Name column displays the field number of the corresponding profile field. You can use a profile field's field number to make it show in user posts.
- The Display Order column shows the display order of the corresponding profile field. Display orders are used to order profile fields on the various pages of the User CP on which they can be displayed. You can change display orders by editing the display order fields and clicking the Save Display Order button.Note:You must click Save Display Order for changes to the display order to take effect.
- The Controls column displays two links: one to edit and one to delete the corresponding profile field.
Clicking the Edit link will display the options for the field, much like Add New User Profile Field form. There are a few differences that are discussed below.
Clicking the Delete link displays a confirmation screen asking if you are sure you want to delete the field. Clicking the No button will cancel the operation and return you to the User Profile Field Manager. Clicking the Yes button will delete the field and all data associated with it. This action cannot be undone.
There are a couple points that you must consider when modifying an existing profile field.
The first is that profile fields are limited in what other field types that they can be converted to.
- A Single-Line Text Box can be converted to a Multiple-Line Text Box and vice versa
- A Multiple-Selection Checkbox can be converted to a Multiple-Selection Menu and vice versa
Secondly, a special form is required when modifying the user choices in the Multiple-Selection Checkbox and Multiple-Selection Menu fields. If you wish to add, delete or change the order of the available options, click the Modify button in the Fields field of the form. It will display the following screen:
To move an item up in the list, press the up arrow to the left of the item and to move an item down press the down arrow to the left of the item.
To rename an item, click the Rename link to the right of the item. To delete an item, click the Delete link.
Use the Add form to add a new item. To add a new choice to the list, enter the name of the choice in the Name field. You can set the position of the item using the Position dropdown menu. Click the Add New Option button to save the item to the list or click the Reset button to clear the form.