Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JB007
    • Jan 2001

UBB 6 Released

Well, I've just been to scriptkeeper.com , they released beta 7 of UBB 6.0 and it's available to download .. it seems that they are still suffering from their slow server.

It would be a surprise if InfoPop acquired it's customers to pay more fees in order to download UBB 6.0
  • JohnM
    • May 2000

Well

Well, since you seem to think it's OK to post threads about UBB here, maybe we should announce vB 2 at SK when it's released?

Comment

• JB007
      • Jan 2001

Why not?

Comment

• Joe
        • May 2000

have they announced there new prices?
        Bike Forums.net

Comment

• JB007
          • Jan 2001

Until now ... no they did not !

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

I have been meaning to say this for a long time.

Why shouldn't we announce the release of vBulletin 2.0 on ScriptKeeper's forums?
            • They have expressed a dislike for Spam
            • We don't need to try and steal their customers.

The point being is anyone spending money to invest in an forum will do some research and look around. UBB revolutionized this business but it no longer the only system in town. Nor is it the best system for everyone's needs. Neither is vBulletin. Both systems can only provide the features they think are necessary and those which their customers want. The one that fills the customer's needs the most will end up on top.

This doesn't mean we should resort to spam and underhanded tactics to promote one product over another.

The facts are:
            • Both products are good and at the top of their class.
            • Both Products have many satisfied customers.
            • Both products have good grass roots support communities.
            • Both have niches that they fill very well.
            • Both can be considered successes.

This debate of which is better, UBB or vB, is as old as PC vs. Macintosh. Each serves a purpose and fills a need by various individuals. If everyone needed the same thing we would all be wearing gray dungerees, driving green Fords and eating oatmeal 3 meals a day.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Joe
              • May 2000

Great post wayne, I agree with you 100%
              Bike Forums.net

Comment

• JimF
                • May 2000

Re: I have been meaning to say this for a long time.

Very good points, Wayne.

Originally posted by wluke
                If everyone needed the same thing we would all be wearing gray dungerees, driving green Fords and eating oatmeal 3 meals a day.
                Why is this making me think of the movie The Wall by Pink Floyd?

Jim
                -If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!

Comment

• JB007
                  • Jan 2001

You are 100% right wluke. Each person should choose what he really needs. But the UBB is now messing some standards of modern community-building scripts. This will make them lose customers. I hop we'll see some changes in V 6.01 ...

I think that the only way to restart the revolution of the UBB is to drop OpenTopic project !!! I think if they do so, Ted will have much more time for the UBB.
                  Another solution is to assign more experts to manage the UBB project while he focuses on a higher-end projects such as OT.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by JB007
                    You are 100% right wluke. Each person should choose what he really needs. But the UBB is now messing some standards of modern community-building scripts. This will make them lose customers. I hop we'll see some changes in V 6.01 ...

I think that the only way to restart the revolution of the UBB is to drop OpenTopic project !!! I think if they do so, Ted will have much more time for the UBB.
                    Another solution is to assign more experts to manage the UBB project while he focuses on a higher-end projects such as OT.

Wouldn't this be more appropriate in the Scriptkeeper feedback forum? I don't mean to rag on you but these are the vBulletin forums. Their sole purpose in existence is to provide support and promotion for vBulletin. We as a group have chosen this product over UBB and support our choices.

If you feel you have ideas you to help UBB become better you should be giving them to Infopop instead of posting them here. That would better serve the UBB community then posting every little detail here.

Please note: These are my personal opinions and are not endorsed or promoted by Jelsoft or the Moderator team here at vBulletin.com
                    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 31 Jan '01, 6:47pm.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• JB007
                      • Jan 2001

Well, I'm wrong .. But you know, what would they do if they saw the suggestion above ... Close/Delete/Unregister/Ban IP . Simple process, isn't it ?

Again, I apologize .

Best Regards

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        • Aug 2000

I don't mean to make you feel like you are wrong. I am just stating that it would better suit the other community. If they truly are that strict at ScriptKeeper than maybe it is time to form a revolt of sorts. A company won't get anywhere without the support of its customers.

While I disagree with the policy they have, there really isn't anything I can do about it.

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. I personally see nothing against UBB in your statement above and most companies would take it under advisement.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• JB007
                          • Jan 2001

No problem at all and thank you wluke for your reply.

Best Regards

Comment

• werehere
                            • Apr 2000

Is it just me, or is that the slowest forum you have ever been to?

It may be the server, but my god that is slow! It took about five minutes to make it into the UBB6 forum, and then I had to just give up.
                            We're Here Forums!
                            [email protected]

Comment

• JohnM
                              • May 2000

Re: I have been meaning to say this for a long time.

Originally posted by wluke
                              Why shouldn't we announce the release of vBulletin 2.0 on ScriptKeeper's forums?
                              • They have expressed a dislike for Spam
                              • We don't need to try and steal their customers.

Exactly. I was implying that this topic shouldn't be here

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...