Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LostOnline
    • Feb 2003

Can't Open One Thread

My SQL database/server was not working very well for about 15 minutes...after that everything was back to normal...but now there is one thread specifically that I cannot open anymore, here's the error I get when I try to read it:
    Warning: MySQL: Unable to save result set in /admin/db_mysql.php on line 93

This thread was the last thread in that specific section of the forums before the problems with the server started...during those 15 minutes of problems I started one new thread in that same section, so my login name should be the one people see when they look at the front page of the board specifically for that section, since my thread was the most recent one...but instead you still see the login name of the last person who posted in the thread now I cannot open ...I have this problem only with this thread specifically on the messageboard...
    Thank you for your help!
  • LostOnline
    • Feb 2003

It seems it is more serious...this is what I got when trying to PM the other administrator of the board:

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.9:

Invalid SQL: SELECT thread.title,thread.threadid,thread.forumid,postid,post.dateline FROM post,thread WHERE thread.threadid=post.threadid AND thread.visible = 1 AND post.userid='229' ORDER BY post.dateline DESC LIMIT 20
    mysql error: Got error 127 from table handler

mysql error number: 2000

Date: Tuesday 06th of May 2003 08:44:14 PM

Please I need some help...

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Upload repair.php (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) to your admin directory. Close your forums, then run it from your browser with this syntax:

http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/admin/repair.php?html=1&check=1

[Of course change the exact URL as appropriate for your forums.]

If everything reports 'Ok' then reopen your forums. If not, then run it again. The second time everything should report Ok (except the session table which you can ignore.) See if this fixes the problem.
      Steve Machol, Founder of the OptiBoard Discussion Forums for Eyecare Professionals

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• LostOnline
        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        Upload repair.php (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) to your admin directory. Close your forums, then run it from your browser with this syntax:

http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/admin/repair.php?html=1&check=1

[Of course change the exact URL as appropriate for your forums.]

If everything reports 'Ok' then reopen your forums. If not, then run it again. The second time everything should report Ok (except the session table which you can ignore.) See if this fixes the problem.
        Thank you that fixed the problems it seems.. I have a follow up question: this morning my whole server went down (I saw it coming seen what happened to the SQL database last night..)..now the full server is back up with the exception of the SMTP part of it...If I am correct, vBulletin uses the SMTP to send out the registration confirmation emails and all the other emails...so should I keep the messageboard open if the SMTP is down? Can this cause problems to the database? I have temporarily suspended new registrations to avoid most of the possible problems...but still it makes me think..
        Thank you for the help!

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

vB uses PHP's mail() function and PHP uses SMTP. I would disable email functions until you get this running again.
          Steve Machol, Founder of the OptiBoard Discussion Forums for Eyecare Professionals

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• LostOnline
            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            vB uses PHP's mail() function and PHP uses SMTP. I would disable email functions until you get this running again.
            I have found this in the options panel:
            "Enable Email features?
            Enable email sending features: send to friend and email notification for posters and moderators. Don't forget to remove those links from the forumdisplay, newreply, newtopic, & editpost templates"

Can I disable the email features even without removing the links, since I am doing this temporarily? or this would cause problems if I leave the links in the templates?

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

It'll just confuse your users but no other harm will be done.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...