X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cary
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.6.x

Get Rid Of Voice From Music Piece

Ok.. Let's see if anybody here can help me out.

I have a musical piece and I'm looking for some type of program that will remove the person singing from it, and leave only the 'orchestra' in the background... I know it can be done, but can't find anything that will do that for me.

Does anybody know of a program that does this? Any help would be much appreciated!
  • BillaBongUSA
    • Mar 2002

I dunno, sounds pretty difficult... Is it just a regular sound file that you're talking about here? (WAV, MP3, etc.)
    http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

• Cary
      • Apr 2002
      • 3.6.x

MP3 or WAV... either will work.

Comment

• Equ1n0x
        • Apr 2003

Theres no specific program to do it, you can edit in in soundforge, cool edit, or acid pro though.

It may take you a long time to remove the vocals, but its good practice for future, i've only done it once or twice.

Quality Hosting - Viper Internet
        We Make Server Management Easy! - EasyServerManagement.COM

Comment

• Dean C
          • Mar 2002
          • 3.5.x

Cary it's almost impossbible doing this as the way in which wav's or mp3's are made is by compresing the layers with the vocals and instruments into one layer which is the wav file. So basically there's no way of doing it (that i know of anyway )

The best way to do it is contact the record company

- miSt
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Bane
            • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Cary
            Ok.. Let's see if anybody here can help me out.

I have a musical piece and I'm looking for some type of program that will remove the person singing from it, and leave only the 'orchestra' in the background... I know it can be done, but can't find anything that will do that for me.

Does anybody know of a program that does this? Any help would be much appreciated!
            Try a search for Karaoke on download.com there are some programs there that will do what you are looking for. a warning. You can get it to a point where it is barely audible, but without the tracks I believe its next to impossible to remove everything.

Hope this helps

Comment

• Cary
              • Apr 2002
              • 3.6.x

Thanks Guys!

Comment

• Razgo
                • Mar 2002
                • 4.1.x

dbpoweramp has an addon powerpack option that has dsp effects. one of them is "voice removal" works like karaoke. depending on the music you still may get soft voice in the background though. www.dbpoweramp.com

and it works best from ripped from a cd when converting.

Comment

• Mr. X
                  • May 2001

Mist is right. But its not the mp3/wav, its the song itself. Since all the tracks (i.e. bass, guitar, vocals etc) are usually recorded seperately, or go on seperate tracks, they are then mixed down to a single track and thats the final product. Without the seperate tracks to remove the vocals, it wont really sound too hot.

like suggested, there are DSP plugins that will invert the channels or you can use high pass filters at a certain dB and Hz in a sound editing program. But it usually ends up sounding like poop anyway. Try www.hitsquad.com/smm and see if theres a free or shareware tool that specializes in it.
                  forums: pcfx.cc
                  gallery: here

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...