• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PKRWUD
    • Jan 2003
    • 3.7.x

Another "Blank Page" Problem

Greetings,
    I read through John Percival's thread on Blank Screens, and didn't find a solution, and I tried the Search feature, and couldn't find the exact same complaint, or solution, so I am creating this thread for help.

My forums can be found here: http://www.ricehatersclub.com/vbulletin/index.php?s= . I have received complaints from a handful of members telling me that they occasionally receive a blank, white page when they click on a link trying to go elsewhere. The most common link is the "Go" button. Hitting the refresh button always corrects the problem for them, but becomes a bit tedious. This occurred with both 2.2.9 and 2.3.0.

This problem has never happened to me, so it's hard for me to find the problem when I myself can't duplicate it. The possible pertinent info that I have come up with is as follows; I am using a Mac, and have tried IE, Netscape, Safari, and Chimera, and still have never had this problem. Each of the members that have had this problem were using a Windows based PC, and were using IE. I asked them several times to try using a different browser, and see if the problem continued, and 1 member said after trying Netscape, the problem diminished, but was still there. Another member said he's been using Netscape for several days now, and the problem has not occurred once with it, but he hates Netscape, and doesn't like the fact that he must use it when at my site in order to avoid the "White Pages".

Does anybody know what would cause this problem, and why it only seems to affect Win versions of IE?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Take care,
    ~Chris
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I know you don't want to hear this, but if the problem is intermittent with only a few members and it cannot be replicated, then the problem is most likely either with their ISPs, their browsers, their computer (firewalls, ad-blockers, etc.) and/or their settings. The best advice I can offer is to gather this information from each of the people having this problem and see if you can find a common thread.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• PKRWUD
      • Jan 2003
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      I know you don't want to hear this, but if the problem is intermittent with only a few members and it cannot be replicated, then the problem is most likely either with their ISPs, their browsers, their computer (firewalls, ad-blockers, etc.) and/or their settings. The best advice I can offer is to gather this information from each of the people having this problem and see if you can find a common thread.

Well, that's pretty much what I figured, and what I've been telling them, but they always counter back by saying that this problem doesn't happen to them anywhere else. Deductive reasoning tells me it's a problem on their end, but that same reasoning tells them it's a problem with the website.

I just thought I'd try posting in here in hopes that someone had run across this before. I'm not sure how widespread the problem is with the members, but only a handful have said anything. Maybe I'll post a poll and see if I can get some better numbers.

Thanks again, and if you think of anything else, please let me know.

Take care,
      ~Chris

Comment

• e@sy
        • Dec 2001

I have the same problem in my forum. I have change from version 2.2.8 to 2.3.0 and some members tell me the problem with the white site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...