X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xube
    • Oct 2001

Help, I'm Getting an ERROR......

I get this error in my control panel when I trying to make changes:

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel: Invalid SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) AS users FROM user,usergroup WHERE user.usergroupid=usergroup.usergroupid AND usergroup.cancontrolpanel=1 AND user.userid<>
    mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1
    mysql error number: 1064
    Date: Sunday 15th of December 2002 11:37:38 PM
    Script: /forum/admin/user.php
    Referer: (....my website URL is listed here on the error message.....)
    Can anyone give me an idea what this means?

The error message also says that it will dispatch an email to the technical staff.... (Of VBulletin???):

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.
    Has someone in the know here received that email? Help please.
    :p -=Xube ®
    ...it's just technology
  • Cary
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.6.x

What version of vBulletin are you running?

Comment

• Xube
      • Oct 2001

Originally posted by Cary
      What version of vBulletin are you running?
      Version 2.0.3
      ...it's just technology

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Xube
        Version 2.0.3
        This problem is caused by the latest versions of PHP which have broken some of the functions of older versions of vB. Your host must have recently upgraded to PHP 4.2.x. To fix this you need to upgrade to vB 2.2.9
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Xube
          • Oct 2001

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          This problem is caused by the latest versions of PHP which have broken some of the functions of older versions of vB. Your host must have recently upgraded to PHP 4.2.x. To fix this you need to upgrade to vB 2.2.9
          I just found this thread again.

Does anyone here know that searching for posts/threads by name of person who started the post doesn't work fully now?

When I looked for this post by searching for posts made by me, some other threads came up, but not this one. It appears that the only threads that came up in the search are the ones that I posted &amp; created BEFORE this board was switched over to vB 3.....

One other quick question: Is there a way to turn OFF the Outlook-type of graphical display of text when creating a reply to a post? It's kind of annoying and confusing, not to mention that it doesn't working the way it should (things don't post up in the way they are displayed graphically while writing them in this view).
          ...it's just technology

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...