X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svtsnake01
    • Nov 2002
    • 3.7.x

Extremely frustrating and confusing problem with TIME

Hello everyone, I have a problem I have been having and cannot seem to resolve.

I host my website on a server that I maintain, I do not pay anyone for hosting. I believe I have everything set up ok, but I am having problem with the time.

I am running on Red Hat 7.3, I live in the Eastern Time zone, however the clock on the server is set using GMT. (apparently this is the only way to do it)

I have a problem with the time that is displayed on the board from time to time. I will begin by describing the what happened today, because I began documenting what happens, discussing time can be very confusing.

At 8:37 am this morning (my time which is eastern) I set the clock on the server to a region that uses GMT, I selected Africa/Abidjan. I set the clock to 1:37pm.

With that being set, if someone looked at the board and was not logged in, the board displayed 1:37pm GMT. I logged into the board with my username and the time that was displayed was 8:37am. This is all correct, my user profile states I am in -5 GMT, which is correct.

All was well with that being done.

At 11:24am, this morning my time, I logged into the board with my username and the forum is displaying 4:24pm (which is actually what GMT was). It still says that the time is -5 GMT, but its not showing -5. I then logged out, and looked at the time on the board, the time showing was 9:24pm which is +5 GMT. The clock on the server is still set correctly, but the board is displaying the wrong time.

What on earth could cause this?

My profile is set for -5 GMT, but it is actually showing GMT, even though it says I am -5 GMT.

If anyone can help, I would be very greatful

Eric Brooks
    A forum community dedicated to Mustang and Ford Performance owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...