vB host and licensing question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Nov 2002

vB host and licensing question

> do you allow vB to run under freehosts? call me crazy but, i dont want to pay for hosting plan...

> if i caught somebody who use warez version, do i have a discount or commision or reward?

> If i buy a lifetime license, am i allowed to resell it?

> Is it ok if i buy a lifetime license, and like to close my current forum (for example, i want a new topic or theme)?
  • Cary
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.6.x

1) Yes, you can run vBulletin on free hosts, but it's not recommended.

2) Nope! You just get that feeling inside, knowing that you made the world a better place.

3) Yes

4) Yes

Comment

• Nov 2002

thanks

Comment

• Nov 2002

why is it that it's not recomended for me to run on freehosts? I think most people they see vB running on free hosts they report it on this website. Performance will be poor?

Comment

• Cary
          • Apr 2002
          • 3.6.x

Well, first of all, with free hosts - support is very unlikely for you to recieve.

Let's say your host upgrades to PHP 4.2.3 (with the 'mbstring' extention) and you are using version 2.2.8 of vB. More that likely, you'll experience some problems due to a known bug. (with PHP)

The only way for you to fix that problem, would be to recompile PHP without that certain extention. Do you think a free host would do that for you?

Comment

• Nov 2002

okay, i got your point. C ya! thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...