Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ted
    • Oct 2000

Problems when there is a "/" in a search term

I started a support request three days ago and have not heard back, so I'll try here...

If you do CERTAIN searches with a "/" in it, like "tap air/fuel", this causes multiple errors. To duplicate the problem, the term must actually be in the database (there must be results of the search). The number of errors depends on the number of search results. To see the errors, you must click on one of the threads returned. That's when you see the errors... "Warning: Unknown modifier 'f' in .../forums/admin/functions.php on line 266" and the threads themselves have no content other than the signatures of the users that posted in the thread. I have duplicated it many times on more than one vBulletinn forum.
  • Freddie Bingham
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • May 2000
    • 1.1.x

What version of PHP are you using? Are you able to duplicate this problem on this forum?

Comment

• Ted
      • Oct 2000

Let me put this term here (on the following line) and then I'll search and see. I just confirmed it creates problems on my board.
      ttap a/ff

Comment

• Ted
        • Oct 2000

No I can not dupicate it here. As I write this I just got a response to my support request of 3 days ago stating the problem may have been discovered in showthread.php Let me make the change your colleague suggests. I don't know the version of php... it is not on my hosts' site.

Comment

• Ted
          • Oct 2000

I just tried the modification suggested to me, no luck, same problem.

Comment

• Ted
            • Oct 2000

It's PHP Version 4.0.3pl1

Comment

• Joshua Clinard
              Banned
              • Oct 2001
              • 3.0.0 Gamma

I am just testing a few things.

Harry Potter

Death Eater

Comment

• Ted
                • Oct 2000

BTW Mike S. on the support team provided a slight change to a line in admin/functions.php last week and it solved the problem. Thank you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...